Mark B Cope
Affiliation: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Prevention of methylnitrosourea-induced mammary cancers by 9-cis-retinoic acid and/or vitamin D3Mark B Cope
University of Alabama at Birmingham, Nutrition Sciences Department, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Oncol Rep 9:533-7. 2002..Possible interactions between the retinoic acid receptors and vitamin D receptor may be responsible for the observed inhibition of mammary carcinogenesis...
- Efficacy of 9-cis-retinoic acid and N-(4-hydroxyphenyl) retinamide alone and in combination in mammary cancer preventionMark B Cope
Department of Nutrition Sciences, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Oncol Rep 11:465-9. 2004..In both experiments, the two retinoids in combination produced an additive effect, suggesting that they may inhibit mammary cancers by different mechanisms...
- 2D difference gel electrophoresis of prepubertal and pubertal rat mammary gland proteomesHelen Kim
Departments of Pharmacology and Toxicology, the UAB Center for Nutrient Gene Interaction, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
J Proteome Res 7:4638-50. 2008..This is a first report of mammary gland proteome differences at these important breast cancer-relevant time-points...
- Sample size in obesity trials: patient perspective versus current practiceDavid B Allison
Department of Nutrition Sciences and the Clinical Nutrition Research Center, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Med Decis Making 30:68-75. 2010..To evaluate patient opinions on acceptable risks in exchange for a given degree of weight loss and their implications for sample size determination in obesity randomized clinical trials (RCTs)...
- Obesity among those with mental disorders: a National Institute of Mental Health meeting reportDavid B Allison
University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Am J Prev Med 36:341-50. 2009....
- Obesity: person and populationMark B Cope
Department of Nutrition Sciences, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Ryals Public Health Building 327, 1665 University Boulevard, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 14:156S-159S. 2006..If we are to make pervasive and enduring changes to population adiposity levels, it is likely that we will need to make pervasive and enduring changes to the ways in which we live across the lifespan...
- Is dietary fat "fattening"? A comprehensive research synthesisJames M Shikany
Division of Preventive Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, MT610 Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr 50:699-715. 2010..General recommendations to reduce dietary fat to promote weight loss or maintenance in all circumstances may merit reconsideration...
- Energetics of Antipsychotic Drug-Induced Weight GainMark Cope; Fiscal Year: 2006..Summary: Analysis of food intake, serum markers, hypothalami gene expression, RMR, RQ, activity and body composition from these experiments will aid in understanding the energetics of atypical antipsychotic-induced weight gain. ..