Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- M-channels: neurological diseases, neuromodulation, and drug developmentEdward C Cooper
Department of Neurology, University of California San Francisco, USA
Arch Neurol 60:496-500. 2003..Ongoing studies in humans and animal models will refine our understanding of KCNQ channel function and may reveal additional targets for therapeutic manipulation...
- KCNQ2 is a nodal K+ channelJérôme J Devaux
Department of Neurology, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6077, USA
J Neurosci 24:1236-44. 2004..The diminished activity of mutant KCNQ2 channels accounts for neonatal epilepsy and myokymia; the cellular locus of these effects may be axonal initial segments and nodes...
- A common ankyrin-G-based mechanism retains KCNQ and NaV channels at electrically active domains of the axonZongming Pan
Department of Neurology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Neurosci 26:2599-613. 2006..This includes the historical period when myelin also evolved...
- Putting an end to DEND: a severe neonatal-onset epilepsy is treatable if recognized earlyEdward C Cooper
Neurology 69:1310-1. 2007
- Functional significance of axonal Kv7 channels in hippocampal pyramidal neuronsMala M Shah
Department of Pharmacology, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:7869-74. 2008..These results indicate that axonal Kv7 channels, by controlling axonal RMP and action potential threshold, are fundamental for regulating the inherent firing properties of CA1 hippocampal neurons...
- Proteomic Dissection of M-channel PhosphorylationEdward Cooper; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- KCNQ channel opener efficacy for neonatal seizuresEdward Cooper; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such in vivo preclinical experiments are an essential next step toward our overall goal toward introduction of more effective treatments for neonatal seizures in humans. ..
- Mechanisms of benign neonatal familial convulsionsEdward Cooper; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Mechanisms of benign neonatal familial convulsionsEdward Cooper; Fiscal Year: 2009....