Genomes and Genes
Joseph D Coolon
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Long-term nitrogen amendment alters the diversity and assemblage of soil bacterial communities in tallgrass prairieJoseph D Coolon
Division of Biology, Kansas State University, Ecological Genomics Institute, Manhattan, Kansas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e67884. 2013..Our results show that soil nitrogen enrichment can significantly alter bacterial community diversity, structure, and individual taxa abundance, which have important implications for both managed and natural grassland ecosystems. ..
- Genomic imprinting absent in Drosophila melanogaster adult femalesJoseph D Coolon
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Cell Rep 2:69-75. 2012..Elucidating sources of false-positive signals for imprinting in allele-specific RNA-seq data, as done here, is critical given the growing popularity of this method for identifying imprinted genes...
- Molecular approach for assessing responses of microbial-feeding nematodes to burning and chronic nitrogen enrichment in a native grasslandKenneth L Jones
Division of Biology, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas, USA
Mol Ecol 15:2601-9. 2006..Thus, if nematodes are to be used as indicators of environmental change, care should be taken to assess the response at the lowest taxonomic level possible...
- Tempo and mode of regulatory evolution in DrosophilaJoseph D Coolon
University of Michigan, Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Genome Res 24:797-808. 2014..Taken together, this work reveals not only the rate at which gene expression evolves, but also the molecular and evolutionary mechanisms responsible for this evolution. ..
- Caenorhabditis elegans genomic response to soil bacteria predicts environment-specific genetic effects on life history traitsJoseph D Coolon
Ecological Genomics Institute, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS, USA
PLoS Genet 5:e1000503. 2009....
- Sex-specific effects of cis-regulatory variants in Drosophila melanogasterJoseph D Coolon
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109
Genetics 195:1419-22. 2013..Here we show that sex-specific effects of cis-regulatory variants are common in Drosophila. ..
- Microbial ecological response of the intestinal flora of Peromyscus maniculatus and P. leucopus to heavy metal contaminationJoseph D Coolon
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 48109, USA
Mol Ecol 19:67-80. 2010..Whether this replacement provided similar ecosystem services as ancestral bacterial communities is unknown...
- Sources of bias in measures of allele-specific expression derived from RNA-sequence data aligned to a single reference genomeKraig R Stevenson
Department of Computational Medicine and Bioinformatics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
BMC Genomics 14:536. 2013..To improve accuracy of ASE measured using a single reference genome, we identified properties of differentiating sites responsible for biased measures of relative ASE...