Affiliation: University of California
- Mainstreaming quality and safety: a reformulation of quality and safety education for health professions studentsMolly Cooke
Department of Medicine, UCSF, San Francisco, California 94143 0563, USA
BMJ Qual Saf 20:i79-82. 2011....
- Expert patients: learning from HIVMolly Cooke
UCSF, Box 0563 LR 102, San Francisco, CA 94143 0563, USA
BMJ Qual Saf 20:i67-8. 2011..The insistence of a particular patient, Robert, on specifying his treatment goals illustrates that even people with substantial cognitive challenges can participate in their own care in an egalitarian and active manner...
- The UCSF Academy of Medical EducatorsMolly Cooke
Academy of Medical Educators, UCSF School of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0563, USA
Acad Med 78:666-72. 2003..The Academy of Medical Educators has been well received at UCSF and is enhancing the status of medical education and teachers...
- What training is needed in the fourth year of medical school? Views of residency program directorsPamela Lyss-Lerman
University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Acad Med 84:823-9. 2009....
- Calls for reform of medical education by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching: 1910 and 2010David M Irby
Department of Medicine, UCSF School of Medicine, San Francisco, California 94143 0410, USA
Acad Med 85:220-7. 2010..The authors hope that the new report will generate the same excitement about educational innovation and reform of undergraduate and graduate medical education as the Flexner Report did a century ago...
- The UCSF Academy of Medical EducatorsMolly Cooke
University of California, San Francisco, 94143-0320, USA
Acad Med 77:455-6. 2002
- The academy movement: a structural approach to reinvigorating the educational missionDavid M Irby
Office of Medical Education, School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, 521 Parnassus Avenue, Room C 254, San Francisco, CA 94143 0410, USA
Acad Med 79:729-36. 2004..The academy movement, as a structural approach to change, shows promise for reinvigorating the educational mission of academic medicine...
- American medical education 100 years after the Flexner reportMolly Cooke
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, USA
N Engl J Med 355:1339-44. 2006
- Continuity in a longitudinal out-patient attachment for Year 3 medical studentsMaria A Wamsley
Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0320, USA
Med Educ 43:895-906. 2009..This study describes students' perceptions of the types of continuity experienced in longitudinal attachments and the learning associated with continuity...
- Tips for teaching in longitudinal clerkshipsDavid Stern Levitt
School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Clin Teach 8:93-6. 2011..By using these tips, teachers can ease the transition into a complex work environment and maximise learning from clinical encounters...
- Improving chronic care of type 2 diabetes using teams of interprofessional learnersSusan L Janson
Department of Community Health Systems, University of California, San Francisco UCSF, San Francisco, California 94143 0608, USA
Acad Med 84:1540-8. 2009..To improve the care and outcomes of adult patients with type 2 diabetes by teaching interprofessional teams of learners the principles and practices of the Improving Chronic Illness Care Model...
- Do as I say: curricular discordance in medical school end-of-life care educationMichael Rabow
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 1732, USA
J Palliat Med 10:759-69. 2007..This study seeks to further describe the educational experience and characteristics of students who perceive curricular discordance in end-of-life care (EOLC) training...
- Intersessions: covering the bases in the clinical yearCynthia Fenton
University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine, 94143, USA
Acad Med 77:1159. 2002..As we continue to refine intersessions, our experience so far provides good evidence to support intersessions as a successful curricular innovation...
- The Academies Collaborative: sharing a new model for medical educationElizabeth A Rider
Office of Educational Development, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Acad Med 77:455. 2002
- Perceptions and attributions of third-year student struggles in clerkships: do students and clerkship directors agree?Bridget O'Brien
The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Acad Med 82:970-8. 2007..To explore the congruence between students' and clerkship directors' perceptions and attributions of students' struggles during the transition to clerkships...
- Achieving a high-performance health care system with universal access: what the United States can learn from other countriesJack A Ginsburg
Ann Intern Med 148:55-75. 2008..This caution notwithstanding, we have identified several approaches that have worked well for countries like ours and could probably be adapted to the unique circumstances in the United States...