Affiliation: University of California
- Cerebral arterial fenestrationsDaniel L Cooke
Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging, University of California San Francisco, CA, USA
Interv Neuroradiol 20:261-74. 2014..1% vs. 60.7%, p = 1.0). Cerebral arterial fenestrations are an anatomic variant more often manifesting at the anterior communicating arterial complex and basilar artery and with no definite pathological relationship with aneurysms. ..
- Endovascular biopsy: evaluating the feasibility of harvesting endothelial cells using detachable coilsDaniel L Cooke
Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging University of California San Francisco, CA, USA
Interv Neuroradiol 19:399-408. 2013..Given the widespread use of coils and their well-described safety profile their potential as an endovascular biopsy device would expand the availability of tissue for cellular and molecular analysis. ..
- Serial angiographic appearance of segmental arterial mediolysis manifesting as vertebral, internal mammary and intra-abdominal visceral artery aneurysms in a patient presenting with subarachnoid hemorrhage and review of the literatureDaniel L Cooke
Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging, University of California San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143 0628, USA
J Neurointerv Surg 5:478-82. 2013..In addition to furthering awareness of SAM, this unique case offers insight into the acute phase of the disease and the potential role of vasospastic induction. ..
- Zygomatico-orbital intra-arterial melphalan infusion for intraocular retinoblastomaDaniel Cooke
Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging, University California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
J Neurointerv Surg 4:e16. 2012..A case is described where a collateral supply to the affected ophthalmic artery was via the zygomatico-orbital branch of the ipsilateral superficial temporal artery. Melphalan infusion was performed via this pathway without incident...
- Transvenous embolization of a pediatric pial arteriovenous fistulaDaniel Cooke
Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging, University of California San Francisco, California, USA
J Neurointerv Surg 4:e14. 2012..Combined transarterial and transvenous embolization of a 12 month old female with a multi-hole pial AVF is described. The patient underwent treatment in a staged fashion and without neurological complication...
- Arteriovenous fistula after ventriculostomy in aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhageKarl Meisel
University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, USA
Neurology 80:2168. 2013..The AVF was treated with intra-arterial embolization. Ventriculostomy-associated AVF has rarely been reported.(1) Outcomes of untreated iatrogenic AVF are unknown, but could lead to hemorrhagic complications...
- Mechanical embolectomy for treatment of large vessel acute ischemic stroke in childrenJames Tatum
Department of Interventional Neuroradiology, UCSF, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Neurointerv Surg 5:128-34. 2013..This paper reports the use of two mechanical embolectomy devices cleared by the Federal Drug Administration (FDA) in four consecutive cases...