Daniel M Cook
Affiliation: University of Nevada
- Self-reported responses to medication therapy management services for older adults: analysis of a 5-year programDaniel M Cook
School of Community Health Sciences, University of Nevada Reno, Mailstop 274, Reno, NV 89557, USA
Res Social Adm Pharm 8:217-27. 2012..Medication therapy management (MTM) services provide essential reviews of drug regimens and are increasingly recognized as beneficial to patient safety, improved health outcomes, and cost savings...
- Risk management policy and black-box warnings: a qualitative analysis of US FDA proceedingsDaniel M Cook
School of Community Health Sciences, University of Nevada Reno, Reno, Nevada 89557, USA
Drug Saf 32:1057-66. 2009....
- Factors associated with total restrictions on smoking at work and at home: a study among populations in multiple US states and the US Virgin IslandsDaniel M Cook
University of Nevada Reno, School of Community Health Sciences, Lombardi Building 203A, Reno, NV 89557 0274, USA
Int J Occup Environ Health 15:392-401. 2009..Workplace smoking restrictions in 2006 offered unequal protection...
- Reporting science and conflicts of interest in the lay pressDaniel M Cook
School of Public Health, University of Nevada, Reno, Nevada, United States of America
PLoS ONE 2:e1266. 2007..Forthright reporting of financial ties and conflicts of interest of researchers is associated with public trust in and esteem for the scientific enterprise...
- The politics of smoking in federal buildings: an executive order case studyDaniel M Cook
Institute for Health Policy Studies, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Am J Public Health 99:1588-95. 2009..Whereas some level of stakeholder politics might have been expected, this policy also featured jockeying among various agencies and the participation of organized labor...
- Sexual behaviors, decisional balance, and self-efficacy among a sample of Chinese college students in the United StatesWei Chen Tung
Orvis School of Nursing, University of Nevada, Reno, Reno, Nevada 89557, USA
J Am Coll Health 60:367-73. 2012..To assess sexual behaviors and condom use including perceived benefits, barriers, and self-efficacy among Chinese college students in the United States...
- Identifying carcinogens: the tobacco industry and regulatory politics in the United StatesDaniel M Cook
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Institute for Health Policy Studies, University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
Int J Health Serv 36:747-66. 2006..However, the tobacco industry's participation in the regulatory process influenced the process in favor of all regulated industry...
- Sexual behavior, stages of condom use, and self-efficacy among college students in TaiwanWei Chen Tung
Orvis School of Nursing, University of Nevada Reno, Reno, NV, USA
AIDS Care 23:113-20. 2011..College students in Taiwan would benefit from targeted interventions that link risky sex to alcohol, and that address the interpersonal pressure within relationships that compel women students to practice unsafe sex...
- The power of paperwork: how Philip Morris neutralized the medical code for secondhand smokeDaniel M Cook
Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education, University of California, San Francisco (UCSF, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 24:994-1004. 2005..Philip Morris's reaction reveals the importance of policy decisions related to data collection and paperwork...
- The decision-making process of US Food and Drug Administration advisory committees on switches from prescription to over-the-counter status: a comparative case studyNancy Thai Nguyen
Clionical Pharmacy and Health Policy, University of California-San Francisco, 3333 Ca;lifornia Street, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Clin Ther 28:1231-43. 2006..There is a need to establish structured procedures to achieve an optimal level of uniformity and transparency in advisory committee processes...
- Religion and conscientious objection: a survey of pharmacists' willingness to dispense medicationsLaura A Davidson
Interdisciplinary Social Psychology Program, University of Nevada Reno, Reno, NV 89557, United States
Soc Sci Med 71:161-5. 2010..The results from Nevada pharmacists may suggest similar tendencies among other health care workers, who may be given latitude to consider morality and value systems when making clinical decisions about care...
- Legislating "sound science": the role of the tobacco industryAnnamaria Baba
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, University of California, San Francisco, 3333 California Street, Suite 420, Box 0613, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Am J Public Health 95:S20-7. 2005..The tobacco industry played a role in establishing laws that increase corporate influence on public health and regulatory policy decisions...
- Condom use and stages of change among college students in TaiwanWei Chen Tung
Orvis School of Nursing, University of Nevada Reno, Reno, Nevada 89557, USA
Public Health Nurs 27:474-81. 2010..To explore the correlates for nonuse of condoms and the factors that affect stages of change for regular condom use among college students in Taiwan...