R M Conti
Affiliation: University of Chicago
- Infused chemotherapy use in the elderly after patent expirationRena M Conti
The University of Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Am J Manag Care 18:e173-8. 2012..The use of anticancer drugs (chemotherapies) is an important determinant of national spending trends. Recent policies have aimed to accelerate generic entry among chemotherapies to generate cost savings...
- The impact of emerging safety and effectiveness evidence on the use of physician-administered drugs: the case of bevacizumab for breast cancerRena M Conti
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Hematology Oncology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Med Care 51:622-7. 2013..Although these drugs may be targets of future policy efforts to rationalize use, little is known regarding how physicians respond to emerging safety and effectiveness evidence...
- Prevalence of off-label use and spending in 2010 among patent-protected chemotherapies in a population-based cohort of medical oncologistsRena M Conti
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Hematology Oncology, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
J Clin Oncol 31:1134-9. 2013..The prevalence of off-label anticancer drug use is not well characterized. The extent of off-label use is a policy concern because the clinical benefits of such use to patients may not outweigh costs or adverse health outcomes...
- Nonprofit biomedical companiesR M Conti
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Center on Health and the Social Sciences, Program on Pharmaceutical Policy, Cancer Research Center, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 84:194-7. 2008..We conclude with a suggestion that opportunities exist for nonprofit firms focused on cancer diagnostics, given the limitations of current financing incentives and ripe scientific opportunity...
- Overuse of antidepressants in a nationally representative adult patient population in 2005Rena Conti
Department of Pediatrics and the Center for Health and the Social Sciences, University of Chicago, 5481 S Maryland Ave, Chicago, IL 60610, USA
Psychiatr Serv 62:720-6. 2011..This study aimed to provide an estimate of antidepressant overuse in a more recent, nationally representative sample of adults and with a more contemporary set of antidepressants than has been covered in prior studies...