Nicholas K Conrad
Affiliation: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Posttranscriptional gene regulation in Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirusNicholas K Conrad
Department of Microbiology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9048, USA
Adv Appl Microbiol 68:241-61. 2009..With the growing appreciation of posttranscriptional regulation in cellular gene expression, it seems likely that the list of viral posttranscriptional regulatory schemes will expand as new details of KSHV gene regulation are uncovered...
- Chromatin immunoprecipitation and microarray analysis suggest functional cooperation between Kaposi's Sarcoma-associated herpesvirus ORF57 and K-bZIPOlga V Hunter
UT Southwestern Medical Center, Department of Microbiology, Dallas, Texas, USA
J Virol 87:4005-16. 2013..Our data demonstrate that ORF57 associates with the viral genome by using at least two modes of recruitment, and they suggest that ORF57 and K-bZIP coregulate viral gene expression during lytic infection...
- Viral factors reveal a role for REF/Aly in nuclear RNA stabilitySarah H Stubbs
Department of Microbiology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
Mol Cell Biol 32:1260-70. 2012..These studies show that REF/Aly can stabilize nuclear RNAs independently of their export and support a broader conservation of RNA quality control mechanisms from yeast to humans...
- Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus ORF57 protein binds and protects a nuclear noncoding RNA from cellular RNA decay pathwaysBrooke B Sahin
Department of Microbiology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 6:e1000799. 2010..We propose that KSHV ORF57 protein functions to enhance the nuclear stability of intronless viral transcripts by protecting them from a cellular RNA quality control pathway...
- Delineation of a core RNA element required for Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus ORF57 binding and activityEmi Sei
Department of Microbiology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9048, USA
Virology 419:107-16. 2011..These studies provide insight into ORF57 specificity determinants and lay a foundation for future analyses of cellular and viral ORF57 targets...
- Mechanisms of KSHV post-transcriptional gene regulationNicholas K Conrad; Fiscal Year: 2010..A deeper understanding of KSHV gene regulation will lead to a more complete knowledge of this important human pathogen and may reveal aspects of gene regulation in its human host cell. ..