Kyaien O Conner
Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Mental health treatment seeking among older adults with depression: the impact of stigma and raceKyaien O Conner
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 18:531-43. 2010....
- Barriers to treatment and culturally endorsed coping strategies among depressed African-American older adultsKyaien O Conner
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Aging Ment Health 14:971-83. 2010..In addition, we examined how coping strategies are utilized by African-American elders who choose not to seek professional mental health services...
- Racial differences in attitudes toward professional mental health treatment: the mediating effect of stigmaKyaien O Conner
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
J Gerontol Soc Work 52:695-712. 2009..The partial mediation model was not significant for public stigma, however. Implications for social work research and practice are discussed...
- Differences in treatment attitudes between depressed African-American and Caucasian veterans in primary careJohn Kasckow
Behavioral Health Division, Department of Veterans Affairs VA Pittsburgh Health Care System, Pittsburgh, PA 15206, USA
Psychiatr Serv 62:426-9. 2011....
- Diagnostic labels, stigma, and participation in research related to dementia and mild cognitive impairmentLinda Garand
Health and Community Systems Department, The University o Pittsburgh School of Nursing, 415 Victoria Building, 3500 Victoria Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Res Gerontol Nurs 2:112-21. 2009..We also discuss how stigma can affect numerous aspects of the nursing research process. Strategies are presented for addressing stigma-related barriers to participation in clinical research on dementia and MCI...