Affiliation: University of Connecticut
- Randomized crossover trial of kangaroo care to reduce biobehavioral pain responses in preterm infants: a pilot studyXiaomei Cong
University of Connecticut School of Nursing, Storrs, CT, USA
Biol Res Nurs 13:204-16. 2011..05) as well as clinically lower PIPP scores in the KCH condition during heel stick. Thirty minutes of KC before and throughout the heel stick reduced biobehavioral responses to pain in preterm infants...
- Ergonomic procedure for heel sticks and shots in Kangaroo Care (skin-to-skin) positionXiaomei Cong
University of Connecticut School of Nursing, 231 Glenbrook Road, Unit 2026, Storrs, CT 06269 2026, USA
Neonatal Netw 32:353-7. 2013..After implementing the ergonomic step-by-step protocol, complaints of discomfort by nurses and phlebotomists ceased, and an additional benefit was that infant pain responses were significantly reduced. ..
- Kangaroo care and behavioral and physiologic pain responses in very-low-birth-weight twins: a case studyXiaomei Cong
University of Connecticut School of Nursing, Storrs, Connecticut 06269 2026, USA
Pain Manag Nurs 13:127-38. 2012..These data suggest that both longer and shorter KC before and throughout painful procedures can be helpful in reducing behavioral and physiologic pain responses in preterm infants...
- Effects of skin-to-skin contact on autonomic pain responses in preterm infantsXiaomei Cong
School of Nursing, University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut 06269 2026, USA
J Pain 13:636-45. 2012....
- Kangaroo Care modifies preterm infant heart rate variability in response to heel stick pain: pilot studyXiaomei Cong
University of Connecticut School of Nursing, Storrs, CT 06269 2026, USA
Early Hum Dev 85:561-7. 2009..Kangaroo Care (KC), involving mother-infant skin-to-skin contact is a promising analgesic for infant pain; however, the effect of KC on the autonomic nervous system's response to pain is unknown...
- Pain assessment and measurement in neonates: an updated reviewXiaomei Cong
School of Nursing, University of Connecticut, Storrs Drs Cong, McGrath, and Cusson and Ms Zhang and Connecticut Children s Medical Center, Hartford Dr McGrath
Adv Neonatal Care 13:379-95. 2013..In addition, novel new measurement techniques need further testing. ..
- Neonatal nurses' perceptions of pain assessment and management in NICUs: a national surveyXiaomei Cong
University of Connecticut School of Nursing, Storrs
Adv Neonatal Care 13:353-60. 2013..The purpose of this survey was to investigate neonatal nurses' perceptions of knowledge and practice in pain assessment and management...