Affiliation: University of Iowa
- A born-type approximation method for bioluminescence tomographyWenxiang Cong
Bioluminescence Tomography Laboratory, Department of Radiology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Med Phys 33:679-86. 2006..The BLT reconstruction is formulated in a linear least-squares optimization framework with simple bounds constraint. The performance of this method is evaluated in numerical simulation and phantom experiments...
- Overview of bioluminescence tomography--a new molecular imaging modalityGe Wang
Bioluminescence Tomography Laboratory, VT WFU School of Biomedical Engineering and Sciences, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 1880 Pratt Drive, Suite 2000, MC 0493, Blacksburg, VA 24061, USA
Front Biosci 13:1281-93. 2008....
- Numerical study on the validity of the diffusion approximation for computational optical biopsyHaiou Shen
Department of Radiology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
J Opt Soc Am A Opt Image Sci Vis 24:423-9. 2007..Furthermore, an approximate formula is given to describe the measurement of a cut-end fiber probe for a ball source...
- Formulation of photon diffusion from spherical bioluminescent sources in an infinite homogeneous mediumWenxiang Cong
CT Micro CT Laboratory University of Iowa Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Biomed Eng Online 3:12. 2004..The numerical solutions to the diffusion equation take large amounts of computational time, and the studies for its analytic solutions have attracted more attention in biomedical engineering applications...
- Integral equations of the photon fluence rate and flux based on a generalized Delta-Eddington phase functionWenxiang Cong
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Biomedical Imaging Division, School of Biomedical Engineering and Sciences, 1880 Pratt Drive, Blacksburg, Virginia 24061, USA
J Biomed Opt 13:024016. 2008..By comparing to the Monte Carlo simulation results, the solutions of the system of integral equations accurately model the photon propagation in biological tissue over a wide range of optical parameters...
- MicroCT-guided bioluminescence tomography based on the adaptive finite element tomographic algorithmYujie Lv
Medical Image Processing Group, Chinese Academy of Science, Beijing, China
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 1:381-4. 2006..Finally, simulation results with the above framework demonstrate the effectiveness and potential of the proposed adaptive tomographic algorithm...
- Spectrally resolved bioluminescence tomography with adaptive finite element analysis: methodology and simulationYujie Lv
Medical Image Processing Group, Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences, PO Box 2728, Beijing 100080, People s Republic of China
Phys Med Biol 52:4497-512. 2007..In terms of optical property errors and two sources of discernment in deeper positions, this BLT algorithm represents the unique predominance for BLT reconstruction...
- Boundary integral method for bioluminescence tomographyWenxiang Cong
J Biomed Opt 11:020503. 2006..The feasibility of the proposed BLT algorithm is demonstrated in heterogeneous mouse chest phantom studies...
- A mouse optical simulation environment (MOSE) to investigate bioluminescent phenomena in the living mouse with the Monte Carlo methodHui Li
Medical Image Processing Group, Key Laboratory of Complex Systems and Intelligence Science, Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Science, Beijing, China
Acad Radiol 11:1029-38. 2004..This simulator is dedicated to small animal optical imaging based on bioluminescence...
- Digital spectral separation methods and systems for bioluminescence imagingGe Wang
1School of Biomedical Engineering and Sciences, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 1880 Pratt Dr Suite 2000 Blacksburg, VA 24060, USA
Opt Express 16:1719-32. 2008..This approach also permits recovery of the bioluminescent signal time course, which is useful to study the kinetics of multiple bioluminescent probes using multi-spectral bioluminescence tomography (MSBT)...