Affiliation: University of Arizona
- Auditory evoked potentials from the cortex: audiology applicationsBarbara Cone-Wesson
University of Arizona, Department of Speech and Hearing Science, Tucson, Arizona 85718, USA
Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 11:372-7. 2003..These response characteristics suggest that these potentials could be used clinically in the estimation of threshold and also to assess speech discrimination and perception...
- Auditory steady-state responses and speech feature discrimination in infantsBarbara Cone
Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
J Am Acad Audiol 20:629-43. 2009..The aim of this study was to determine whether there was a correlation between auditory steady-state responses (ASSRs) for complex toneburst stimuli and speech feature discrimination (SFD) abilities in young infants...
- Prenatal alcohol and cocaine exposure: influences on cognition, speech, language, and hearingBarbara Cone-Wesson
Speech Language and Hearing Sciences, University of Arizona, P O Box 210071, 1131 E Second Street, Tucson, AZ 85718, USA
J Commun Disord 38:279-302. 2005..The strong effect of the home environment for ameliorating the effects of prenatal cocaine-exposure suggests that a family-focused approach for cognitive, language, and social-emotional habilitation would be beneficial to all...
- Effects of stimulus level on cortical auditory event-related potentials evoked by speechAngela C Garinis
Department of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences, University of Arizona, PO Box 210071, Tucson, AZ 85721 0071, USA
J Am Acad Audiol 18:107-16. 2007..Obligatory ERP amplitude results suggest that attention demands vary with level during discrimination of speech features...
- Dynamics of infant cortical auditory evoked potentials (CAEPs) for tone and speech tokensBarbara Cone
University of Arizona, Department of Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences, PO Box 210071, Tucson, AZ 85721, United States
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 77:1162-73. 2013..The hypothesis was that the behavioral thresholds would be correlated with CAEP input-output functions because of shared cortical response areas known to be active in sound detection...
- Slight-mild sensorineural hearing loss in children: audiometric, clinical, and risk factor profilesBarbara K Cone
Department of Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, USA
Ear Hear 31:202-12. 2010....
- The auditory steady-state response: clinical observations and applications in infants and childrenBarbara Cone-Wesson
Department of Speech and Hearing Sciences, University of Arizona, Tucson 85721, USA
J Am Acad Audiol 13:270-82. 2002....
- Infant hearing for modulated tonesBarbara Cone Wesson; Fiscal Year: 2003..This research will also result in methods for assessing threshold sensitivity and sound discrimination in infants that can be applied to those at risk for hearing loss or other auditory dysfunction. ..
- Electrophysiology of Infant Speech PerceptionBarbara Cone Wesson; Fiscal Year: 2007..The knowledge gained in the proposed research will constitute the basis of innovative and sensitive clinical methods for hearing evaluation and the monitoring of treatment and habitation in infants. ..