Affiliation: University of Kansas
- Infant timekeeping: attention and temporal estimation in 4-month-oldsJohn Colombo
Department of Psychology, University of Kansas, Lawrence 66045 7556, USA
Psychol Sci 13:475-9. 2002..These findings indicate remarkable precision in infants' estimation of time intervals, and suggest that the link between time estimation and attentional processes is present in early infancy...
- Maternal DHA and the development of attention in infancy and toddlerhoodJohn Colombo
Department of Psychology and The Schiefelbusch Institute for Lifespan Studies, University of Kansas, Lawrence 66045, USA
Child Dev 75:1254-67. 2004..These findings are consistent with evidence suggesting a link between DHA and cognitive development in infancy...
- Maternal DHA levels and toddler free-play attentionKathleen N Kannass
Department of Psychology, Loyola University Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60626, USA
Dev Neuropsychol 34:159-74. 2009..Analyses also provided further information on changes in attention during toddlerhood. These findings are consistent with evidence suggesting a link between DHA and cognitive development in infancy and early childhood...
- Visual processing and infant ocular Latencies in the overlap paradigmOtilia M Blaga
Department of Psychology, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS 66045 7556, USA
Dev Psychol 42:1069-76. 2006....
- Long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acid supplementation in infancy reduces heart rate and positively affects distribution of attentionJohn Colombo
Department of Psychology, University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas 66045, USA
Pediatr Res 70:406-10. 2011....
- Infant visual habituationJohn Colombo
Department of Psychology and Schiefelbusch Institute for Life Span Studies, University of Kansas, 1415 Jayhawk Boulevard, 426 Fraser Hall, Lawrence, KS 66045, USA
Neurobiol Learn Mem 92:225-34. 2009....
- Larger tonic pupil size in young children with autism spectrum disorderChrista J Anderson
Department of Psychology Schiefelbusch, Institute for Life Span Studies, University of Kansas, Dole Human Development Center, 1000 Sunnyside Avenue, Room 1052, Lawrence, Kansas 66045 7555, USA
Dev Psychobiol 51:207-11. 2009..Pupil responses are sensitive and reliable measures of ANS functioning, thus, this finding highlights the role of the ANS, and may provide clues about underlying neuropathology...
- The emergence and basis of endogenous attention in infancy and early childhoodJohn Colombo
Department of Psychology, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS 66045, USA
Adv Child Dev Behav 34:283-322. 2006
- Identifying the classics: an examination of articles published in the Journal of Pediatric Psychology from 1976-2006Brandon S Aylward
Clinical Child Psychology Program, University of Kansas, 1000 Sunnyside Ave, Room 2010, Lawrence, KS 66045 7555, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 33:576-89. 2008..The purpose of the present investigation was to identify the top 100 most highly cited "classic" articles in the Journal of Pediatric Psychology, from 1976 to 2006...
- Visual scanning and pupillary responses in young children with Autism Spectrum DisorderChrista J Anderson
Department of Psychology, The University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS 66045, USA
J Clin Exp Neuropsychol 28:1238-56. 2006..Potential use of these measures as early indicators of ASD is discussed...
- Nutrition and the development of cognitive functions: interpretation of behavioral studies in animals and human infantsPatricia E Wainwright
Department of Health Studies and Gerontology, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Am J Clin Nutr 84:961-70. 2006....
- N-3 fatty acids and cognitive and visual acuity development: methodologic and conceptual considerationsCarol L Cheatham
University of Kansas Medical Center, Department of Dietetics and Nutrition, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 83:1458S-1466S. 2006..We strongly encourage collaborations with developmental cognitive neuroscientists to facilitate these research goals...
- INFANT ATTENTION AND PRESCHOOL COGNITIVE OUTCOMEJohn Colombo; Fiscal Year: 2002....