Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- Contemporary research on parenting. The case for nature and nurtureW A Collins
National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, University of Minnesota 55455 0345, USA
Am Psychol 55:218-32. 2000..These approaches indicate that parental influences on child development are neither as unambiguous as earlier researchers suggested nor as insubstantial as current critics claim...
- Predictors of young adults' representations of and behavior in their current romantic relationship: prospective tests of the prototype hypothesisGlenn I Roisman
Department of Psychology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign Champaign 61820, USA
Attach Hum Dev 7:105-21. 2005....
- Attachment and the experience and expression of emotions in romantic relationships: a developmental perspectiveJeffry A Simpson
Department of Psychology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455 0344, USA
J Pers Soc Psychol 92:355-67. 2007..These results are discussed in terms of attachment theory and how antecedent life experiences may indirectly shape events in current relationships...
- Childhood and adolescent predictors of heavy drinking and alcohol use disorders in early adulthood: a longitudinal developmental analysisMichelle M Englund
Institute of Child Development, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Addiction 103:23-35. 2008..To identify childhood and adolescent factors differentiating heavy alcohol users in early adulthood from more moderate users or abstainers...
- Gender, mature appearance, alcohol use, and dating as correlates of sexual partner accumulation from ages 16-26 yearsMelanie J Zimmer-Gembeck
School of Psychology, Griffith University, Gold Coast, QLD, Australia
J Adolesc Health 42:564-72. 2008..To determine growth in sexual partnering from age 16-26 years, and to test whether biological and social factors launched these growth patterns...
- A prospective study of intraindividual and peer influences on adolescents' heterosexual romantic and sexual behaviorMelanie J Zimmer-Gembeck
School of Applied Psychology, Griffith University Gold Coast Campus, Queensland, Australia
Arch Sex Behav 33:381-94. 2004..The findings imply a complex pathway that leads to a greater accumulation of sexual partners by age 19. This pathway begins in childhood and includes individual qualities, peer acceptance, romantic relationships, and alcohol use...
- Parent and peer predictors of physical aggression and conflict management in romantic relationships in early adulthoodJennifer Ruh Linder
Department of Psychology, Linfield College, McMinnville, OR 97128, USA
J Fam Psychol 19:252-62. 2005..Understanding the role of both familial and extrafamilial close relationship precursors may lead to effective strategies for ameliorating the problem of romantic partner violence...
- The Development Construction of Adult CompetenceWILLARD ANDREW COLLINS; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, we will examine the reciprocal effects of competence in the three focal social roles and investigate the antecedents of effective balancing of work and family roles. ..
- The Development Construction of Adult CompetenceWILLARD COLLINS; Fiscal Year: 2009..In addition, we will examine the reciprocal effects of competence in the three focal social roles and investigate the antecedents of effective balancing of work and family roles. ..