R Thomas Collins
Affiliation: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
- Impact of anatomical subtype and medical comorbidities on hospitalizations in adults with single ventricle congenital heart diseaseR Thomas Collins
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Department of Pediatrics, Little Rock, AR, USA The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Department of Internal Medicine, Little Rock, AR, USA Electronic address
Int J Cardiol 168:4596-601. 2013..Most patients with single ventricle congenital heart disease (SV) are now expected to survive to adulthood. Medical comorbidities are common in SV...
- Relation of ventricular ectopic complexes to QTc interval on ambulatory electrocardiograms in Williams syndromeR Thomas Collins
Arkansas Children s Hospital, Little Rock, Arkansas, USA
Am J Cardiol 109:1671-6. 2012..The type of ventricular ectopic complexes suggested an alternate etiology of the QTc prolongation seen in WS from that seen in congenital long QT syndrome...
- Abnormalities of cardiac repolarization in Williams syndromeR Thomas Collins
Division of Cardiology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Cardiol 106:1029-33. 2010..Presence of prolonged cardiac repolarization may contribute to the high incidence of periprocedural mortality in these patients. All patients with WS should be screened for cardiac repolarization abnormalities, especially before surgery...
- Conjoined hearts in thoracopagus twinsR Thomas Collins
Division of Cardiology, Arkansas Children s Hospital, Little Rock, AR 72202, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 33:252-7. 2012..Surgical nonintervention and palliative care should be strongly considered for these patients...
- Comparison of electrocardiographic QTc duration in patients with supravalvar aortic stenosis with versus without Williams syndromeHollyn M McCarty
Arkansas Children s Hospital, Little Rock, AR, USA
Am J Cardiol 111:1501-4. 2013..Elastin haploinsufficiency does not appear to be the etiology of QTc prolongation in patients with WS. The possible contribution of other genes on 7q11.23 to QTc prolongation in WS should be investigated...