M T Collins
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Interpretation of a commercial bovine paratuberculosis enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay by using likelihood ratiosM T Collins
School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 9:1367-71. 2002..Based on these LRs, guidelines for interpretation and application of this ELISA for the diagnosis and control of paratuberculosis in dairy cattle herds are recommended...
- Effect of Mycobacterium paratuberculosis infection on production, reproduction, and health traits in US HolsteinsM G Gonda
Dairy Science Department, University of Wisconsin, 1675 Observatory Drive, Madison, WI 53706, United States
Prev Vet Med 80:103-19. 2007..M. paratuberculosis infection, and not just clinical Johne's disease, decreases milk, fat, and protein yields, thus increasing the estimated cost of paratuberculosis to the US dairy industry...
- Successful control of Johne's disease in nine dairy herds: results of a six-year field trialM T Collins
Department of Pathobiological Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison 53706 1102, USA
J Dairy Sci 93:1638-43. 2010....
- Identification of a QTL on BTA20 affecting susceptibility to Mycobacterium avium ssp. paratuberculosis infection in US HolsteinsM G Gonda
Dairy Science Department, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Anim Genet 38:389-96. 2007..Based on this analysis, evidence for the presence of a QTL segregating within families on BTA20 was found (chromosome-wide P-value = 0.0319)...
- Genetic variation of Mycobacterium avium ssp. paratuberculosis infection in US HolsteinsM G Gonda
Dairy Science Department, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53706, USA
J Dairy Sci 89:1804-12. 2006..183, respectively), with a corresponding increase in precision (PSD = 0.096 and 0.082, respectively). This study demonstrates that exploitable genetic variation exists in dairy cattle for M. paratuberculosis infection susceptibility...
- Conditional dependence between tests affects the diagnosis and surveillance of animal diseasesI A Gardner
Department of Medicine and Epidemiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis 95616, USA
Prev Vet Med 45:107-22. 2000....
- Modification of a bovine ELISA to detect camelid antibodies to Mycobacterium paratuberculosisJ A Kramsky
Department of Pathobiological Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Wisconsin Madison, 53706 1102, USA
Vet Microbiol 77:333-7. 2000..These results indicate that this camelid-specific ELISA, once refined, may be a useful tool for screening camelid herds for M. a. paratuberculosis infection...
- Mycobacterium avium subsp. paratuberculosis: pathogen, pathogenesis and diagnosisE J Manning
School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Wisconsin, 2015 Linden Drive West, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Rev Sci Tech 20:133-50. 2001..g. reduced production, premature culling and increased veterinary costs). Free-ranging and captive wildlife are also at risk from paratuberculosis...
- Evaluation of two absorbed enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays and a complement fixation test as replacements for fecal culture in the detection of cows shedding Mycobacterium avium subspecies paratuberculosisC H J Kalis
Animal Health Service, Deventer, The Netherlands
J Vet Diagn Invest 14:219-24. 2002..For certification programs, only ELISA-A is recommended because in a large number of nonsuspect herds specificity remained almost 100%...
- Certification of herds as free of Mycobacterium paratuberculosis infection: actual pooled faecal results versus certification model predictionsC H J Kalis
Animal Health Service GDltd, PO Box 9, 7400 AA Deventer, The Netherlands
Prev Vet Med 65:189-204. 2004..0 had assumed a 50% decrease in within-herd prevalence but Version 2.0 assumed a stable within-herd prevalence. Culture of pooled faecal samples provides a high-sensitive, high-specific, low-cost test for herd-certification programs...
- Use of long-term vaccination with a killed vaccine to prevent fecal shedding of Mycobacterium avium subsp paratuberculosis in dairy herdsC H Kalis
Department of Ruminant Health, Animal Health Service, AJ Drachten, The Netherlands
Am J Vet Res 62:270-4. 2001..CONCLUSIONS AND CLINICAL RELEVANCE: Vaccination of calves with a killed vaccine does not prevent transmission of M avium subsp paratuberculosis; therefore, hygienic practices remain essential in herd management...
- Specificity of two tests for the early diagnosis of bovine paratuberculosis based on cell-mediated immunity: the Johnin skin test and the gamma interferon assayC H J Kalis
Animal Health Service, PO Box 9, 7400 AA Deventer, The Netherlands
Vet Microbiol 97:73-86. 2003....
- Serum levels of matrix extracellular phosphoglycoprotein (MEPE) in normal humans correlate with serum phosphorus, parathyroid hormone and bone mineral densityA Jain
Division of Geriatric Medicine, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, 5501 Hopkins Bayview Circle, Room 5B 79 JHAAC, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:4158-61. 2004..The results are consistent with MEPE being involved in phosphate and bone metabolism in a normal population...