Kathryn K Collins
Affiliation: University of California
- Cryoablation in pediatric atrioventricular nodal reentry: electrophysiologic effects on atrioventricular nodal conductionKathryn K Collins
Division of Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0632, USA
Heart Rhythm 3:557-63. 2006..Cryoablation for treatment of atrioventricular nodal reentrant tachycardia (AVNRT) is safe and efficacious. Information on the effects of cryoablation on atrioventricular (AV) nodal conduction is limited...
- Cryoablation versus radiofrequency ablation for treatment of pediatric atrioventricular nodal reentrant tachycardia: initial experience with 4-mm cryocatheterKathryn K Collins
Division of Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0632, USA
Heart Rhythm 3:564-70. 2006..No direct comparisons of cryoablation vs radiofrequency (RF) catheter ablation in pediatric patients have been made...
- Advances in congenital long QT syndromeKathryn K Collins
University of California San Francisco, 521 Parnassus, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Curr Opin Pediatr 18:497-502. 2006..Dramatic advances have been made in understanding of both the genetics and the phenotypic expression of congenital long QT syndrome. This paper reviews recent clinically relevant literature...
- Cryoablation of accessory pathways in the coronary sinus in young patients: a multicenter study from the Pediatric and Congenital Electrophysiology Society's Working Group on CryoablationKathryn K Collins
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Cardiology, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0632, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 18:592-7. 2007..This is a multicenter retrospective study evaluating the immediate- and mid-term outcomes of cryoablation of accessory pathways in the coronary sinus in children or in patients with congenital heart disease...
- Cryoablation for atrioventricular nodal reentrant tachycardia in young patients: predictors of recurrenceNikhil K Chanani
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Cardiology, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 31:1152-9. 2008..Our objective was to evaluate the clinical outcomes of cryoablation for AVNRT with the 4-mm and 6-mm tip cryoablation catheters in a young population and to elicit predictors of arrhythmia recurrence...
- Characterizing dual atrioventricular nodal physiology in pediatric patients with atrioventricular nodal reentrant tachycardiaDominic J Blurton
Division of Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 17:638-44. 2006..Our objective was to characterize dual AV nodal physiology as it pertains to a pediatric population...
- Modification to the Fontan procedure for the prophylaxis of intra-atrial reentrant tachycardia: short-term results of a prospective randomized blinded trialKathryn K Collins
University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 127:721-9. 2004..We evaluated the feasibility, safety, and short-term efficacy of an interventional atrial incision placed at the time of the Fontan operation to reduce the development of intra-atrial reentrant tachycardia...
- Fascicular and nonfascicular left ventricular tachycardias in the young: an international multicenter studyKathryn K Collins
Division of Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, The Children s Hospital, University of Colorado, Denver, CO, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 24:640-8. 2013..The aim of this study was to evaluate the clinical presentation and outcomes of pediatric patients with ventricular tachycardia (VT) originating from left heart structures...
- Effectiveness of sotalol as first-line therapy for fetal supraventricular tachyarrhythmiasAmee Shah
Fetal Cardiovascular Program, Division of Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics and the Fetal Treatment Center, University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine, San Francisco, California, USA
Am J Cardiol 109:1614-8. 2012..In conclusion, transplacental sotalol, alone or combined with digoxin, is effective for the treatment of fetal SVT and AF, with an 85% complete or partial response rate in our series...
- The electrophysiology of atrioventricular nodal reentry tachycardia following the Mustard or Senning procedure and its radiofrequency ablationAnne E Greene
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Cardiology, Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA
Cardiol Young 15:611-6. 2005..Successful radiofrequency ablation required a retrograde approach to the region of the slow pathway in the pulmonary venous atrium (morphologically right)...
- Usefulness of a ventricular extrastimulus from the summit of the ventricular septum in diagnosis of septal accessory pathway in patients with supraventricular tachycardiaTakehiko Matsushita
Section of Cardiac Electrophysiology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Am J Cardiol 93:643-6. 2004..05). A VES during His bundle refractoriness from the RV summit increases the diagnostic yield for both the presence of an AP and its participation in the tachycardia circuit with respect to RV apical VES...
- Use of electrophysiologic testing to assess risk in children with Wolff-Parkinson-White syndromeAnne M Dubin
Department of Pediatrics, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
Cardiol Young 12:248-52. 2002..These data suggest that risk factors for sudden death, developed in studies of adult patients, are not clearly applicable to children. Further studies are needed better to define the indications for study and ablation in children...
- Pediatric nonpost-operative junctional ectopic tachycardia medical management and interventional therapiesKathryn K Collins
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Cardiology, The Children s Hospital, 13123 E 16th Avenue, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 53:690-7. 2009..To determine the outcomes of medical management, pacing, and catheter ablation for the treatment of nonpost-operative junctional ectopic tachycardia (JET) in a pediatric population...
- Invasive electrophysiology in children: state of the artGeorge F Van Hare
Department of Pediatrics, Stanford University School of Medicine, Palo Alto, CA, USA
J Electrocardiol 35:165-74. 2002..The state of the art in invasive pediatric EP increasingly involves the use of advanced technology adapted for use in pediatric and congenital heart disease applications...
- Clinical outcomes of children with normal cardiac anatomy having radiofrequency catheter ablation > or =10 years earlierKathryn K Collins
Pediatric Arrhythmia Center at UCSF and Stanford, Department of Pediatrics, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco 94143, USA
Am J Cardiol 89:471-5. 2002
- Cryoablation of the slow atrioventricular nodal pathway via a transbaffle approach in a patient with the Mustard procedure for d-transposition of the great arteriesAnthony C McCanta
Division of Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics and the Children s Hospital Denver, 13123 East 16th Ave, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Congenit Heart Dis 6:479-83. 2011..This case describes the successful cryoablation of the slow AV nodal pathway via the transbaffle approach in a patient with d-transposition of the great arteries status post the Mustard procedure...
- Atrial tachyarrhythmias and permanent pacing after pediatric heart transplantationKathryn K Collins
Pediatric Arrhythmia Center, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 22:1126-33. 2003..Limited information is available on arrhythmias in pediatric transplant patients. Our objective was to determine the prevalence and significance of atrial tachyarrhythmias and permanent pacing following pediatric heart transplantation...
- Incidental dual atrioventricular nodal physiology in children and adolescents: clinical follow-up and implicationsAnthony C McCanta
Division of Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, The Children s Hospital, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Denver, CO 80045 7106, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 33:1528-32. 2010..The purpose of this study is to identify the risk of developing AVNRT in children and adolescents with incidental findings of dual AV nodal physiology after accessory pathway ablation...
- Significance of bundle branch block during atrioventricular nodal reentrant tachycardiaTetsuo Yagi
Cardiac Electrophysiology, University of California San Francisco, 94143 1354, USA
Am J Cardiol 91:1184-9. 2003..The data suggest that fibers in the His bundle are predestined to activate the right bundle branch, and in AVNRT the lower turnaround point may be within the His bundle...
- Tachyarrhythmia following Norwood operation: a single-center experienceKatja M Gist
Department of Pediatrics, The Heart Institute, Children s Hospital Colorado, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Colorado, USA
World J Pediatr Congenit Heart Surg 5:206-10. 2014..The purpose of this study was to characterize tachyarrhythmias in children following the Norwood procedure...
- Cryoablation for presumed atrioventricular nodal reentrant tachycardia in pediatric patientsMario Villasenor
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Cardiology, Children s Hospital Colorado, University of Colorado, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 35:1319-25. 2012..Little data exist on the outcomes of cryoablation for the treatment of presumptive atrioventricular nodal reentrant tachycardia (AVNRT) in a pediatric population...
- Hypersensitivity myocarditis presenting as atrioventricular block and wide complex tachycardia in a toddlerNeil Bhogal
University of California San Francisco, Pediatric Cardiology, San Francisco, CA 94143 0214, USA
Congenit Heart Dis 3:359-64. 2008..Our patient's presentation and self-limited illness is unique. To our knowledge, this is only the second reported case of eosinophilic myocarditis in a young child or infant...
- Detecting and diagnosing arrhythmias in adults with congenital heart diseaseKathryn K Collins
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, University of California, 521 Parnassus, C 346, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Curr Cardiol Rep 5:331-5. 2003..A careful history, noninvasive evaluation, and in some cases invasive testing are all necessary to determine arrhythmias in this population...
- Tachyarrhythmias after the Norwood procedure: relationship and effect of vasoactive agentsMegan C McFerson
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, Children s Hospital Colorado and University of Colorado Denver, Denver, CO, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 35:668-75. 2014..Further studies are required to determine the effects of anatomy on post-operative tachyarrhythmias...
- Segmental wall-motion abnormalities after an arterial switch operation indicate ischemiaKathryn Rouine-Rapp
Department of Anesthesia, University of California San Francisco, 94143 0648, USA
Anesth Analg 103:1139-46. 2006..Further follow-up of these patients is needed to determine if increased intraoperative myocardial ischemia correlates with long-term outcomes...
- Resynchronization therapy in pediatric and congenital heart disease patients: an international multicenter studyAnne M Dubin
Lucile Packard Children s Hospital, Palo Alto, California, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 46:2277-83. 2005..Our objective was to evaluate the short-term safety and efficacy of cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) in children...
- Survey of current practice of pediatric electrophysiologists for asymptomatic Wolff-Parkinson-White syndromeRobert M Campbell
Sibley Heart Center Cardiology at Children s Healthcare of Atlanta, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
Pediatrics 111:e245-7. 2003..To determine the approach that pediatric electrophysiologists use as they evaluate asymptomatic patients with Wolff-Parkinson-White (WPW) syndrome regarding electrophysiologic testing and radio frequency ablation...
- Domperidone-induced QT prolongation: add another drug to the listKathryn K Collins
J Pediatr 153:596-8. 2008
- The use of implantable cardioverter-defibrillators in pediatric patients awaiting heart transplantationAnne M Dubin
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Stanford University, 750 Welch Road, Suite 305, Palo Alto, CA 94303, USA
J Card Fail 9:375-9. 2003..This multicenter study evaluated experience with implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICD) as a bridge to orthotopic heart transplantation (OHT) in children...
- The extracardiac conduit Fontan operation using minimal approach extracorporeal circulation: early and midterm outcomesEd Petrossian
Division of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, Calif, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 132:1054-63. 2006..This study is designed to report our overall experience with the extracardiac conduit Fontan operation and to evaluate the evolution in bypass technique on postoperative outcomes...
- Circadian and seasonal variation of malignant arrhythmias in a pediatric and congenital heart disease populationElizabeth A Stephenson
Departmentof Cardilogy, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 13:1009-14. 2002..We sought to establish whether pediatric and young adult congenital heart disease implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD) recipients have circadian or seasonal variability in shock frequency, similar to adult populations...
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillators in childrenTerrence U H Chun
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Stanford University, 750 Welch Road, Suite 305, Palo Alto, California 94305, USA
Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther 2:561-71. 2004..These patients may also have unique anatomic considerations that may affect device placement. This article will address some of the issues faced when considering the use of implantable-defibrillator therapy in the pediatric population...
- Influence of patient factors and ablative technologies on outcomes of radiofrequency ablation of intra-atrial re-entrant tachycardia in patients with congenital heart diseaseJohn K Triedman
Department of Cardiology, Boston Children s Hospital, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 39:1827-35. 2002..The goal of this study was to identify factors associated with radiofrequency catheter ablation (RFCA) outcomes of intra-atrial re-entrant tachycardia (IART)...
- Another tool for the ablation toolboxKathryn K Collins
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 19:194-6. 2008
- Results of a multicenter retrospective implantable cardioverter-defibrillator registry of pediatric and congenital heart disease patientsCharles I Berul
Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 51:1685-91. 2008..We sought to determine the implications of implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD) placement in children and patients with congenital heart disease (CHD)...