- Improving oral health care for the frail elderly: a review of widespread problems and best practicesPatricia Coleman
Syracuse University School of Nursing and the Center for Clinical Research on Aging, University of Rochester School of Nursing, in Rochester, N Y, USA
Geriatr Nurs 23:189-99. 2002..Effective practice must involve not only recognizing its importance but also ensuring that daily oral hygiene receives the same priority as other care practices...
- High school students take classes in a nursing homePatricia Coleman
University of Rochester School of Nursing in Rochester, NY, USA
Am J Nurs 106:49-50. 2006
- Opportunities for nursing-dental collaboration: addressing oral health needs among the elderlyPatricia Coleman
University of Rochester School of Nursing, NY 14642, USA
Nurs Outlook 53:33-9. 2005..Working together, nurses and dental professionals can raise awareness of this issue, promote higher standards for oral care, and improve oral health and quality of life for elderly Americans...
- Oral care provided by certified nursing assistants in nursing homesPatricia Coleman
Center for Clinical Research on Aging, School of Nursing, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 54:138-43. 2006..Actual oral care provided to residents contrasts sharply with CNAs' self-reported practices in the literature and suggests that NH residents who need assistance receive inadequate oral health care...
- What are old people for?Beth E Barba
J Gerontol Nurs 32:7-8. 2006