Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- Defining sexual health: a descriptive overviewWeston M Edwards
Program in Human Sexuality, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55454, USA
Arch Sex Behav 33:189-95. 2004..The importance of defining sexual health in the discussion of promoting sexual health is illustrated. The concept and definition of sexual health will continue to evolve shaped by historical events...
- Nefazodone and the treatment of nonparaphilic compulsive sexual behavior: a retrospective studyE Coleman
Department of Family Practice and Community Health, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis 55454, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 61:282-4. 2000..We examined retrospective data from our clinic to investigate whether nefazodone has utility in the treatment of nonparaphilic compulsive sexual behavior...
- Compulsive sexual behavior inventory: a preliminary study of reliability and validityE Coleman
Program in Human Sexuality, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
J Sex Marital Ther 27:325-32. 2001..As a preliminary study, there are several limitations to this study, which should be addressed, in further studies with larger sample sizes...
- The Sexual Health Model: application of a sexological approach to HIV preventionBeatrice Bean E Robinson
Program in Human Sexuality, Department of Family Practice and Community Health, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis 55454, USA
Health Educ Res 17:43-57. 2002..Evaluation of the effectiveness of interventions based on the model has begun, but further research is needed to confirm its viability...
- Promoting sexual health and responsible sexual behavior: an introductionEli Coleman
University of Minnesota, 1300 S 2nd Street, Suite 180, Minneapolis, MN 55454, USA
J Sex Res 39:3-6. 2002....
- Psychiatric comorbidity in pedophilic sex offendersN C Raymond
Department of Family Practice, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis 55455, USA
Am J Psychiatry 156:786-8. 1999..The primary purpose of this research was to assess the rates of axis I and axis II psychiatric disorders, as defined in DSM-IV, in a group of pedophilic sex offenders...
- Anodyspareunia, the unacknowledged sexual dysfunction: a validation study of painful receptive anal intercourse and its psychosexual concomitants in homosexual menB R Rosser
Department of Family Practice and Community Health, Medical School, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA
J Sex Marital Ther 24:281-92. 1998..Based on these findings, the authors define anodyspareunia to denote painful receptive anal intercourse, and suggest clinical criteria similar to that used for other sexual pain disorders...
- Treatment of compulsive sexual behaviour with naltrexone and serotonin reuptake inhibitors: two case studiesN C Raymond
Department of Psychiatry, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN 55454, USA
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 17:201-5. 2002..Although more research is needed to determine the mechanism that leads to the excessive sexual behaviour in individuals with CSB, the present case reports suggest that naltrexone may be effective in treating some cases of CSB...
- A randomized controlled intervention trial of a sexual health approach to long-term HIV risk reduction for men who have sex with men: effects of the intervention on unsafe sexual behaviorB R Simon Rosser
Center for HIV STI Intervention and Prevention Studies HIPS, Program in Human Sexuality, Department of Family Practice and Community Health, Medical School, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55454, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 14:59-71. 2002..546; p = .015). The sexual health seminars appear a promising new intervention at significantly reducing unprotected anal intercourse between men...
- Assessment and treatment of compulsive sexual behaviorEli Coleman
Department of Family Practice and Community Health, University of Minnesota Medical School, USA
Minn Med 86:42-7. 2003..When CSB is suspected, referral to a clinician experienced in treating sexual disorders is recommended...
- Misrepresentation on the Internet and in real life about sex and HIV: a study of Latino men who have sex with menMichael W Ross
WHO Center for Health Promotion and Prevention Research, School of Public Health, University of Texas, Houston, TX 77225, USA
Cult Health Sex 8:133-44. 2006..Data suggest that HIV misrepresentation occurred for 20% of men and was lower than other forms of misrepresentation. Implications for HIV prevention are discussed, along with the concept of levels of accuracy in internet communications...
- The compulsive sexual behavior inventory: psychometric propertiesMichael H Miner
Program in Human Sexuality, Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA
Arch Sex Behav 36:579-87. 2007..Additionally, the instrument showed equivalence when administered in English and Spanish...
- Promoting sexual health: the public health challengeEli Coleman
Minn Med 86:12-5. 2003
- Psychiatric comorbidity and compulsive/impulsive traits in compulsive sexual behaviorNancy C Raymond
Department of Psychiatry, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55454, USA
Compr Psychiatry 44:370-80. 2003..Attention must be given to addressing these traits, as well as to the treatment of other axis I and axis II disorders, when treating CSB...