Susan E Coldwell
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Gustation assessment using the NIH ToolboxSusan E Coldwell
University of Washington, School of Dentistry, Seattle, WA, USA
Neurology 80:S20-4. 2013..Validation studies have demonstrated that the measures modified for the NIH Toolbox correlate with more traditional assessments, and can identify known population differences in gustation...
- Combining alprazolam with systematic desensitization therapy for dental injection phobiaSusan E Coldwell
Department of Dental Public Health Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Anxiety Disord 21:871-87. 2007..Dental fear was reduced similarly in all groups for 1 year after study completion. No advantage was found to combining alprazolam with systematic desensitization for dental injection phobia...
- A marker of growth differs between adolescents with high vs. low sugar preferenceSusan E Coldwell
University of Washington, Dental Public Health Sciences, Seattle, WA 98195 7475, USA
Physiol Behav 96:574-80. 2009..The change in sugar preference from high to low during adolescence appears to be associated with the cessation of growth...
- Using memory restructuring strategy to enhance dental behaviourJacqueline E Pickrell
Department of Dental Public Health Sciences, Northwest Alaska Center to Reduce Oral Health Disparities, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7475, USA
Int J Paediatr Dent 17:439-48. 2007..This study sought to 'restructure' memory of dental treatment to help children develop positive memories and cooperate more fully with the dentist at future visits...
- Additional psychometric data for the Spanish Modified Dental Anxiety Scale, and psychometric data for a Spanish version of the Revised Dental Beliefs SurveyTrilby Coolidge
Dental Public Health Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle WA, USA
BMC Oral Health 10:12. 2010..We report the performance of the Spanish MDAS in a new sample, as well as the performance of the Spanish Revised Dental Beliefs Survey (R-DBS)...
- A community-based randomized trial of postcard mailings to increase dental utilization among low-income childrenAsia Dela Cruz
Center for Clinical Genomics, Oral Health Sciences, School of Dentistry, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
J Dent Child (Chic) 79:154-8. 2012..The purpose of this randomized, controlled trial was to measure the impact of postcard mailings on dental utilization by low-income children through a dental society program designed to increase access to dental care...
- Psychometric properties of the Revised Dental Beliefs SurveyTrilby Coolidge
Dental Public Health Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7475, USA
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 33:289-97. 2005..The objectives of this pair of studies were to examine the internal reliability, test-retest reliability, and construct validity of the Revised Dental Beliefs Survey...
- A randomized controlled trial comparing mandibular local anesthesia techniques in children receiving nitrous oxide-oxygen sedationSinuba Naidu
Department of Dental Public Health Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 7475, USA
Anesth Prog 51:19-23. 2004....
- Development of labeled magnitude scales for the assessment of pain of dentin hypersensitivityLisa J Heaton
Department of Oral Health Sciences, University of Washinghton, Seattle, WA, USA
J Orofac Pain 27:72-81. 2013..To develop and test labeled magnitude (LM) scales that are sensitive to variations in pain associated with dentin hypersensitivity (DH)...
- Development and validation of the Spanish Interval Scale of Anxiety Response (ISAR)Lisa J Heaton
Department of Dental Public Health Sciences, School of Dentistry, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98915 7475, USA
Anesth Prog 54:100-8. 2007..Additionally, the results of these studies highlight the importance of thoroughly testing translated measures to ensure they are accurately assessing that which they purport to measure...
- The effectiveness and estimated costs of the access to baby and child dentistry program in Washington StateMichelle Kobayashi
University of Washington, Seattle, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 136:1257-63. 2005..ABCD is an effort to increase the utilization of dental care by Medicaid-enrolled children younger than 6 years...
- The influence of sequence of impressions on children's anxiety and discomfortTarja Kaakko
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Pediatr Dent 25:357-64. 2003..This study investigated the influence of order during a clinical procedure that involved taking maxillary and mandibular alginate impressions...
- Improving utilization of preventive dental services by Medicaids-enrolled children: focus on the parentsSonia I Nagahama
Department of Public Health Sciences, School of Dentistry, University of Washington, USA
ASDC J Dent Child 69:325-31, 236. 2002..We recommend that the program continue to encourage participation of dentists, regularly update information about program benefits for both dentists and parents, and enhance the visibility of the program in the community...