Mimis N Cohen
Affiliation: University of Illinois at Chicago
- Functional and aesthetic correction of secondary unilateral cleft lip nasal deformitiesMimis Cohen
Craniofacial Centre and the Division of Plastic, Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgery, University of Illinois at Chicago, USA
Indian J Plast Surg 42:S91-S101. 2009..The surgical plan is based on the information gained from our extensive clinical evaluation and is tailored to the patient's specific functional and aesthetic needs...
- Staged reconstruction after gunshot wounds to the abdomenM Cohen
Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Illinois at Chicago, 820 S Wood Street, Chicago, IL 60612 7316, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 108:83-92. 2001..With close cooperation between the trauma team and the plastic surgeon and appropriate timing and planning of each stage, the success rate of the technique is high and the incidence of complications limited...
- American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons, 1997 to 2006: another decade of excellence in education and researchMimis N Cohen
Division of Plastic, Reconstructive, and Cosmetic Surgery, University of Illinois and John Stroger Jr Hospital of Cook County, Chicago, Ill 60612 7316, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 118:32S-42S. 2006
- The use of muscle flaps for the management of recalcitrant gastrointestinal fistulasMimis Cohen
Divisions of Plastic, Reconstructive, and Cosmetic Surgery, The University of Illinois, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Clin Plast Surg 33:295-302. 2006..Although some heal spontaneously, others persist or recur. This article describes how using muscle flaps may aid in managing recalcitrant gastrointestinal fistulas. Specific cases are cited...
- Management of abdominal wall defects resulting from complications of surgical proceduresMimis Cohen
Divisions of Plastic, Reconstructive, and Cosmetic Surgery, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL, USA
Clin Plast Surg 33:281-94. 2006..The purpose is not to discuss and analyze care and management of all soft tissue complications encountered after abdominal surgery, but to present the ones for which the plastic surgeon most likely will be asked to manage...
- Residual deformities after repair of clefts of the lip and palateMimis Cohen
Division of Plastic Surgery, The Craniofacial Center, The University of Illinois at Chicago, 60612, USA
Clin Plast Surg 31:331-45. 2004..Such procedures should be also planned carefully, taking into consideration all aspects of the deformity to provide our patients with superior habilitation...
- Secondary unilateral cleft lip nasal deformity: functional and esthetic reconstructionMimis Cohen
Craniofacial Center, University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois 60612 7316, USA
J Craniofac Surg 14:584-93. 2003....
- A matched cohort study of superomedial pedicle vertical scar breast reduction (100 breasts) and traditional inferior pedicle Wise-pattern reduction (100 breasts): an outcomes study over 3 yearsAnuja K Antony
Chicago, Ill From the Division of Plastic, Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgery, University of Illinois Hospital and Health Sciences System and the Division of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Public Health, University of Illinois at Chicago
Plast Reconstr Surg 132:1068-76. 2013..However, there is a paucity of large-volume institutional outcomes studies identifying how this technique fares against more traditional methods of reduction...
- Complications of pediatric facial fracturesSuhair Maqusi
Division of Plastic, Reconstructive, and Cosmetic Surgery, Universityof Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Craniofac Surg 23:1023-7. 2012..In this article, we will focus on different approaches to complications that arise after pediatric fracture management...
- Transcaruncular approach to the isolated medial orbital wall fracture: technical perspective and cadaveric dissectionDavid E Morris
From the Division of Plastic, Reconstructive, and Cosmetic Surgery, The University of Illinois at Chicago and Division of Plastic Surgery, Mount Sinai Hospital, Chicago, Illinois
J Craniofac Surg 25:1047-9. 2014..A cadaver dissection demonstrating the approach combined with skull images is presented to illustrate anatomic details and technical points of the dissection. ..
- Free microsurgical and pedicled flaps for oncological mandibular reconstruction: technical aspects and evaluation of patient comorbiditiesVictor J Hassid
Division of Plastic, Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgery, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
ISRN Surg 2012:792674. 2012..Technical aspects and comorbidity profiles are examined in the oncological mandibular reconstruction cohort...
- Use of virtual surgery and stereolithography-guided osteotomy for mandibular reconstruction with the free fibulaAnuja K Antony
Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Illinois at Chicago, and Virtual Surgical Planning Services, Medical Modeling, Inc, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 128:1080-4. 2011..The authors feel this technology facilitates realization of technical accuracy, aesthetic contour, and functional outcomes and may be particularly useful if free fibular mandibular reconstruction is performed less frequently...