Adam L Cohen
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Compliance with guidelines for the medical care of first urinary tract infections in infants: a population-based studyAdam L Cohen
Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington, 6200 NE 74th St, Suite 210, Seattle, WA 98115 8160, USA
Pediatrics 115:1474-8. 2005..No population-based studies have examined the degree to which practice parameters are followed for urinary tract infections in infants...
- Are language barriers associated with serious medical events in hospitalized pediatric patients?Adam L Cohen
Child Health Institute, Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington, Children s Hospital and Regional Medical Center, Seattle, Washington, USA
Pediatrics 116:575-9. 2005..The objective of this study was to determine whether hospitalized pediatric patients whose families have language barriers are more likely to incur serious medical errors than patients whose families do not have language barriers...
- Primary language of parent is associated with disparities in pediatric preventive careAdam L Cohen
Department of Pediatrics, Child Health Institute, and Children s Hospital and Regional Medical Center, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
J Pediatr 148:254-8. 2006..To determine whether infants of parents whose primary language is not English are less likely to receive recommended preventive care than infants of parents whose primary language is English...
- Economic analysis of prevaccination serotesting compared with presumptive immunization for polio, diphtheria, and tetanus in internationally adopted and immigrant infantsAdam L Cohen
Child Health Institute, Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Pediatrics 117:1650-5. 2006....
- National surveillance of emergency department visits for outpatient adverse drug events in children and adolescentsAdam L Cohen
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Office of Workforce and Career Development, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Pediatr 152:416-21. 2008..To describe the national scope and magnitude of outpatient adverse drug events (ADEs) that lead to emergency department (ED) visits in children and adolescents...
- Methamphetamine use and methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus skin infectionsAdam L Cohen
Respiratory Diseases Brabch, Division of Bacterial Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 13:1707-13. 2007..10, 95% confidence interval 1.55-16.79). MRSA caused most SSTIs in this population. Transmission of MRSA may be occurring among methamphetamine users in this community...
- Skin disorders among construction workers following Hurricane Katrina and Hurricane Rita: an outbreak investigation in New Orleans, LouisianaRebecca Noe
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Arch Dermatol 143:1393-8. 2007....
- Increasing blood culture use at US hospital emergency department visits, 2001 to 2004Linda F McCaig
Ambulatory Care Statistics Branch, Division of Health Care Statistics, National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Hyattsville, MD 20782, USA
Ann Emerg Med 50:42-8, 48.e1-2. 2007..We describe emergency department (ED) visits in which patients had blood cultured and examine changes in blood culture use...
- Rapid diagnostic tests for dengue and leptospirosis: antibody detection is insensitive at presentationAdam L Cohen
Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Trop Med Int Health 12:47-51. 2007..To determine the performance of rapid diagnostic tests for dengue and leptospirosis that rely on detecting antibodies that may not be produced when patients present for medical treatment...
- Outbreak of Serratia marcescens bloodstream and central nervous system infections after interventional pain management proceduresAdam L Cohen
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Office of Workforce and Career Development, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Clin J Pain 24:374-80. 2008..To determine the cause of an outbreak of Serratia marcescens infections in patients after interventional pain management procedures at an outpatient pain clinic...