Sharon L Cohan
Affiliation: University of California
- Relationship of resilience to personality, coping, and psychiatric symptoms in young adultsLaura Campbell-Sills
Anxiety and Traumatic Stress Research Center, Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Diego, 8950 Villa La Jolla Drive, Suite C207, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Behav Res Ther 44:585-99. 2006..These results augment the literature that seeks to better define resilience and provide evidence for the construct validity of the Connor-Davidson Resilience Scale...
- Suffering in silence: why a developmental psychopathology perspective on selective mutism is neededSharon L Cohan
Department of Psychology, San Diego State University, San Diego, CA, USA
J Dev Behav Pediatr 27:341-55. 2006..Suggestions are provided for future longitudinal, twin/adoption, molecular genetic, and neuroimaging studies that would be particularly helpful in testing the pathways perspective on SM...
- Confirmatory factor analysis of a short form of the Coping Inventory for Stressful SituationsSharon L Cohan
San Diego State University, and VA San Diego Healthcare System, CA, USA
J Clin Psychol 62:273-83. 2006..It was concluded that the task-oriented and emotional scales have potential as measures of two types of responses to routine stressors...
- Practitioner review: Psychosocial interventions for children with selective mutism: a critical evaluation of the literature from 1990-2005Sharon L Cohan
Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 47:1085-97. 2006..g., school) despite speaking normally in other settings (e.g., home). The present literature review was undertaken in order to provide an up-to-date summary and critique of the SM treatment literature published in the past fifteen years...
- Refining the classification of children with selective mutism: a latent profile analysisSharon L Cohan
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Diego, CA, USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 37:770-84. 2008..These results suggest that, although social anxiety is typically a prominent feature of SM, children with the disorder are also likely to present with communication delays and/or mild behavior problems...
- The relationship between interpersonal perception and post-traumatic stress disorder-related functional impairment: a social relations model analysisP Niels Christensen
Department of Psychology, San Diego State University, San Diego, CA, 92182 4611, USA
Cogn Behav Ther 33:151-60. 2004..Our findings suggest that post-traumatic stress disorder is associated with negative beliefs about the self that may influence self-esteem and interpersonal relationships...
- Coping styles and personality: a biometric analysisKerry L Jang
Department of Psychiatry, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Anxiety Stress Coping 20:17-24. 2007..g., rigidity vs flexibility)...