Stacey S Cofield
Affiliation: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Use of causal language in observational studies of obesity and nutritionStacey S Cofield
Department of Biostatistics, University of Alabama, Birmingham, AL, USA
Obes Facts 3:353-6. 2010..To assess the inappropriate use of causal language in studies on obesity and nutrition...
- Safety of rapid intravenous loading of valproateNita A Limdi
Department of Neurology, University of Alabama at Birmingham Epilepsy Center, Birmingham, AL 35294 0021, USA
Epilepsia 48:478-83. 2007..The present study was designed to evaluate the safety of administration of undiluted VPA (20 or 30 mg/kg/min) administered intravenously at rates of 6 or 10 mg/kg/min...
- Aldosterone excess and resistance to 24-h blood pressure controlEduardo Pimenta
Vascular Biology and Hypertension Program, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
J Hypertens 25:2131-7. 2007..Aldosterone excess has been reported to be a common cause of resistant hypertension. To what degree this represents true treatment resistance is unknown...
- Instructions to "push as hard as you can" improve average chest compression depth in dispatcher-assisted cardiopulmonary resuscitationMuzna Mirza
Health Informatics Program, School of Health Professions, University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA
Resuscitation 79:97-102. 2008..We evaluate the effect of simplification of chest compression instructions on compression depth in dispatcher-assisted CPR protocol...
- Severity of obstructive sleep apnea is related to aldosterone status in subjects with resistant hypertensionCarolina C Gonzaga
Vascular Biology and Hypertension Program, Division of Cardiovascular Disease, University of Alabama at Birmingham, AL, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 6:363-8. 2010..This investigation examines the relationship between aldosterone status and OSA in patients with resistant hypertensive-with and without hyperaldosteronism...
- Plasma aldosterone is related to severity of obstructive sleep apnea in subjects with resistant hypertensionMonique N Pratt Ubunama
Vascular Biology and Hypertension Program, Division of Cardiovascular Disease, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA
Chest 131:453-9. 2007..This study relates plasma aldosterone and renin levels to OSA severity in subjects with resistant hypertension, and in those with equally severe OSA but without resistant hypertension serving as control subjects...
- Relationship between knowledge of cardiopulmonary resuscitation guidelines and performanceTodd B Brown
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Alabama, Birmingham, USA
Resuscitation 69:253-61. 2006..We explore relationships between knowledge of CPR guidelines and performance (compression rate, compression depth, compression to ventilation ratio, and ventilation volume)...