Affiliation: University of Hawaii
- Measuring the emotional intelligence of clinical staff nurses: an approach for improving the clinical care environmentEstelle Codier
School of Nursing and Dental Hygiene, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu 96822, USA
Nurs Adm Q 32:8-14. 2008..The purpose of this study was to measure EI as related to performance level of clinical staff nurses, and to collect data on important related career/organizational variables...
- Emotional intelligence, performance, and retention in clinical staff nursesEstelle Codier
University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu, Hawaii 96822, USA
Nurs Adm Q 33:310-6. 2009..A follow-up study was completed, the purpose of which was to explore emotional intelligence, performance level, organizational commitment, and retention...
- Measured emotional intelligence ability and grade point average in nursing studentsEstelle Codier
University of Hawaii, Manoa, 2528 McCarthy Mall, Webster Hall Rm 440, Honolulu, HI 96822, United States Electronic address
Nurse Educ Today 34:608-12. 2014..Little research exists comparing traditional measures of intelligence with measured emotional intelligence prior to graduation, and none in the student nurse population...
- Developing emotional intelligence ability in oncology nurses: a clinical rounds approachEstelle Codier
School of Nursing and Dental Hygiene, School of Nursing and Dental Hygiene, University of Hawai i Manoa, Honolulu, HI, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 40:22-9. 2013..To explore the feasibility and impact of an emotional intelligence ability development program on staff and patient care...
- The impact of emotional intelligence development on nurse managersEstelle Codier
University of Hawaii, Manoa, Hawaii, USA
Nurs Adm Q 35:270-6. 2011..Emotional intelligence (EI) was chosen as a focus for this study because of overwhelming evidence in the literature that relates EI with leadership effectiveness, retention, and both physical and emotional wellness...
- Breastfeeding patterns in a community of Native Hawaiian mothers participating in WICJoan E Dodgson
School of Nursing and Dental Hygiene, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI 96822, USA
Fam Community Health 30:S46-58. 2007..Practice and policy implications of these findings are discussed...