Ilene A Claudius
Affiliation: University of Southern California
- Usefulness of B-type natriuretic peptide as a noninvasive screening tool for cardiac allograft pathology in pediatric heart transplant recipientsIlene Claudius
Division of Emergency and Transport Medicine, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles and USC Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90027, USA
Am J Cardiol 92:1368-70. 2003..There was also 100% sensitivity and 100% negative predictive value of BNP levels >100 pg/ml for identifying graft pathology...
- Do all infants with apparent life-threatening events need to be admitted?Ilene Claudius
Division of Emergency and Transport Medicine, Keck School of Medicine, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, 4650 Sunset Blvd, MS 113, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Pediatrics 119:679-83. 2007..The goal was to identify criteria that would allow low-risk infants presenting with an apparent life-threatening event to be discharged safely from the emergency department...
- Poststabilization care for pediatric fractures: a follow-up surveyIlene Claudius
Division of Emergency Medicine, Keck School of Medicine and Children s Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 22:562-5. 2006..Our objectives were to quantify the compliance of pediatric fracture patients with recommended emergency department follow-up and to identify barriers for patients who do not follow-up...
- The utility of safety counseling in a pediatric emergency departmentIlene A Claudius
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Emergency and Transport Medicine, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, and the Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90027, USA
Pediatrics 115:e423-7. 2005..We attempted to demonstrate the efficacy of counseling families who presented to a pediatric emergency department with unrelated medical complaints...
- Prior treatment of fracture patients in a tertiary pediatric emergency department: informal referrals from other emergency departmentsTishya A L Wren
Childrens Orthopaedic Center, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Pediatr Orthop 29:137-41. 2009....
- Clinical utility of screening laboratory tests in pediatric psychiatric patients presenting to the emergency department for medical clearanceJ Joelle Donofrio
Department of Pediatrics, Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA Department of Emergency Medicine, Harbor UCLA, Torrance, CA Electronic address
Ann Emerg Med 63:666-75.e3. 2014..We assess whether screening laboratory tests obtained to medically clear pediatric psychiatric patients altered management or disposition...
- Disaster drill exercise documentation and management: are we drilling to standard?Ilene Claudius
Department of Pediatrics and Division of Emergency Medicine, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, and Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, Calif 90027, USA
J Emerg Nurs 34:504-8. 2008..We hypothesized that both the documentation and medical care provided during a pediatric disaster drill would be substandard when compared with routine care at the same institution...
- Decrease in emergency department length of stay as a result of triage pulse oximetryJames Choi
Children s Hospital Los Angeles and USC Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 22:412-4. 2006..We attempted to quantify the decrease in patient throughput time in a pediatric emergency department following the introduction of triage pulse oximetry...
- The emergency department approach to newborn and childhood metabolic crisisIlene Claudius
Department of Emergency and Transport Medicine, Children s Hospital Los Angeles, 4650 Sunset Boulevard, MS113, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Emerg Med Clin North Am 23:843-83, x. 2005..The disorders are grouped based on symptomatology, and have simple guidelines for work-up and management, with an emergency department practitioner perspective in mind...
- Hospital-based disaster preparedness for pediatric patients: how to design a realistic set of drill victimsShana Ballow
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, California, USA
Am J Disaster Med 3:171-80. 2008..The purpose of this report is to describe an innovative idea for hospital pediatric victim disaster planning...
- Pediatric emergencies associated with feverIlene Claudius
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Southern California and Children s Hospital, 1200 State Street 1011, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Emerg Med Clin North Am 28:67-84, vii-viii. 2010..Fever rarely represents life-threatening pathology; however, a handful of less common serious causes of pediatric fever exist with the potential for morbidity and mortality...