David R Clarke
Affiliation: University of Colorado
- Value, viability, and valvesDavid R Clarke
Children s Hospital and University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, 80218, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 124:1-6. 2002
- Verification of data in congenital cardiac surgeryDavid R Clarke
The Children s Hospital, University of Colorado Denver, School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Cardiol Young 18:177-87. 2008..Further research in the area of verification of data is also necessary. Data must be verified for both completeness and accuracy...
- Invited commentaryDavid R Clarke
Cardiothoracic Surgery, The Childrens Hospital, 1056 E 19th Ave, Denver, CO 80218, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 82:1493. 2006
- Outcomes of reparative and transplantation strategies for multilevel left heart obstructions with mitral stenosisSunil P Malhotra
The Children s Hospital Heart Institute, Children s Hospital, Denver, Colorado, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 86:1305-9; discussion 1310. 2008..This study reviews our experience with reconstructive and transplantation approaches for Shone's complex...
- Evaluation of the quality of care in congenital heart surgery: contribution of the Aristotle complexity scoreFrancois Lacour-Gayet
Denver Children s Hospital, University of Colorado School of Medicine, 1056 East 19th Avenue, Denver, CO 80218, USA
Adv Pediatr 54:67-83. 2007
- The assessment of complexity in congenital cardiac surgery based on objective dataDavid R Clarke
The Children s Hospital, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Cardiol Young 18:169-76. 2008....
- Reoperation for left atrioventricular valve regurgitation after atrioventricular septal defect repairSunil P Malhotra
Division of Cardiac Surgery, Children s Hospital Heart Institute, Children s Hospital, Denver, Colorado, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 86:147-51; discussion 151-2. 2008..This study evaluates the outcomes of repair and replacement of the left atrioventricular valve after AVSD correction, as well as factors predictive of durability of valve repair...
- Implications of incising the ventricular septum in double outlet right ventricle and in the Ross-Konno operationSteven P Goldberg
The Children s Hospital Heart Institute, Denver, CO, USA
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 35:589-93; discussion 593. 2009..This retrospective study evaluates the risk of a ventricular septal incision in patients undergoing double outlet right ventricle (DORV) repair and Ross-Konno procedure...
- Twenty-year surgical experience with congenital supravalvar aortic stenosisDaniel J Scott
The Children s Hospital Heart Institute and University of Colorado Denver Health Sciences Center, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 87:1501-7; discussion 1507-8. 2009..Our objectives were to review outcomes of congenital SVAS repair and to compare prosthetic patch repair techniques to all-autologous slide aortoplasty...
- Birth weight and complexity are significant factors for the management of hypoplastic left heart syndromeJohn H Artrip
The Children s Hospital Heart Institute, The Children s Hospital, Denver, Colorado 80218 1088, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 82:1252-7; discussion 1258-9. 2006..Recently off-pump palliative procedures were introduced in the management of these patients. Risk factors influencing the decision between the NW with staged reconstruction or off-pump palliation and HT were assessed...
- The Aristotle method: a new concept to evaluate quality of care based on complexityFrancois Lacour-Gayet
The Children s Hospital Heart Institute University of Colorado, Denver, Colorado 80218, USA
Curr Opin Pediatr 17:412-7. 2005..It is now well recognized that any method that purports to evaluate quality of care should include a case mix/risk stratification method. No valuable method was available until recently in pediatric cardiac surgery...
- Performance of surgery for congenital heart disease: shall we wait a generation or look for different statistics?Francois Lacour-Gayet
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 130:234-5. 2005
- Surgical options and results of repeated aortic root replacement for failed aortic allografts placed in childhoodMax B Mitchell
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center and The Children s Hospital, Denver, Colo 80218, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 124:459-70. 2002....
- Accuracy of the aristotle basic complexity score for classifying the mortality and morbidity potential of congenital heart surgery operationsSean M O'Brien
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 84:2027-37; discussion 2027-37. 2007..This collaborative study combined two multiinstitution databases to assess how well the ABC score predicts the actual morbidity and mortality potential of 131 congenital heart surgery procedures...
- Performance of cavopulmonary palliation at elevated altitude: midterm outcomes and risk factors for failureSunil P Malhotra
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Circulation 118:S177-81. 2008..The objective of this study is to identify risk factors for failure of cavopulmonary palliation at elevated altitude...
- The current status and future directions of efforts to create a global database for the outcomes of therapy for congenital heart diseaseJeffrey P Jacobs
The Congenital Heart Institute of Florida, Petersburg, FL 33701, USA
Cardiol Young 15:190-7. 2005