D B Clark
Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Systematic assessment of social phobia in clinical practiceD B Clark
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pennsylvania, USA
Depress Anxiety 6:47-61. 1997..Guidelines for selecting appropriate social phobia measures for varying clinical and research situations will be proposed that take into consideration the strengths and weaknesses of these methods...
- Early adolescent gateway drug use in sons of fathers with substance use disordersD B Clark
Center for Education and Drug Abuse Research CEDAR, USA
Addict Behav 23:561-6. 1998..Children with tobacco use prior to adolescence, as well as those with disruptive behavior disorders, may be important to target for interventions to prevent cannabis use...
- Psychopathology and substance-related problems during early adolescence: a survival analysisD B Clark
Center for Education and Drug Abuse Research, University of Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Clin Child Psychol 28:333-41. 1999..Results support a model in which paternal SUD predisposes to increased antisocial and negative affect disorders in boys, and antisocial disorders lead to substance-related problems in early adolescence...
- Correlates of mental health service utilization and unmet need among a sample of male adolescentsJ R Cornelius
Center for Education and Drug Abuse Research, USA
Addict Behav 26:11-9. 2001....
- Hippocampal volume in adolescent-onset alcohol use disordersM D De Bellis
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Developmental Traumatology Neuroimaging Laboratory, Adolescent Alcohol Research Center, Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Am J Psychiatry 157:737-44. 2000..This study compared the hippocampal volumes of adolescents and young adults with adolescent-onset alcohol use disorders to those of healthy matched comparison subjects...
- Gender differences and similarities in the personality correlates of adolescent alcohol problemsC S Martin
Pittsburgh Adolescent Research Center, Department of Psychiatry, Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pennsylvania 15213 2593, USA
Psychol Addict Behav 14:121-33. 2000..Although there are gender differences in levels of BU and NE, mechanisms of alcohol involvement related to these 2 personality traits may operate similarly in adolescent males and females...
- Neuroimaging methods for adolescent substance use disorder prevention scienceD B Clark
School of Medicine and the School of Pharmacy, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Prev Sci 14:300-9. 2013..Further research is needed to provide definitive findings on neurodevelopmental immaturity as an SUD risk and to determine the directions such observations suggest for advancing prevention science...