Affiliation: University of California
- Pastor W, Liu W, Chen D, Ho J, Kim R, Hunt T, et al. TFAP2C regulates transcription in human naive pluripotency by opening enhancers. Nat Cell Biol. 2018;20:553-564 pubmed publisher..Taken together, TFAP2C establishes and maintains naive human pluripotency and regulates OCT4 expression by mechanisms that are distinct from mouse. ..
- Li Z, Yu J, Hosohama L, Nee K, Gkountela S, Chaudhari S, et al. The Sm protein methyltransferase PRMT5 is not required for primordial germ cell specification in mice. EMBO J. 2015;34:748-58 pubmed publisher..We show that PRMT5 regulates gene expression by promoting methylation of the Sm spliceosomal proteins and significantly altering the spliced repertoire of RNAs in mammalian embryonic cells and primordial cells. ..
- Hargan Calvopina J, Taylor S, Cook H, Hu Z, Lee S, Yen M, et al. Stage-Specific Demethylation in Primordial Germ Cells Safeguards against Precocious Differentiation. Dev Cell. 2016;39:75-86 pubmed publisher..Therefore, bypassing stage-specific DNA demethylation has significant consequences for progenitor germ cell differentiation and the ability to transmit DNA from parent to offspring. ..
- Sosa E, Kim R, Rojas E, Hosohama L, Hennebold J, Orwig K, et al. An integration-free, virus-free rhesus macaque induced pluripotent stem cell line (riPSC89) from embryonic fibroblasts. Stem Cell Res. 2016;17:444-447 pubmed publisher..The riPSC89 line may be a useful non-human primate resource to uncover developmental origins of disease, or used as a basic model to understand lineage specification in the primate embryo. ..
- Clark A, Gkountela S, Chen D, Liu W, Sosa E, Sukhwani M, et al. Primate Primordial Germ Cells Acquire Transplantation Potential by Carnegie Stage 23. Stem Cell Reports. 2017;9:329-341 pubmed publisher..These results provide a blueprint for differentiating pluripotent stem cells to transplantable PGC-like cells in a species that is amenable to transplantation and fertility studies. ..
- Sosa E, Kim R, Rojas E, Hosohama L, Hennebold J, Orwig K, et al. An integration-free, virus-free rhesus macaque induced pluripotent stem cell line (riPSC90) from embryonic fibroblasts. Stem Cell Res. 2017;21:5-8 pubmed publisher..riPSC90 could be used in parallel with riPSC89, which was derived from REFs cultured from a different rhesus macaque embryo (Sosa et al. 2016). ..
- Clark A. The stem cell identity of testicular cancer. Stem Cell Rev. 2007;3:49-59 pubmed..At the conclusion of this review, a model for the molecular events involved in germ cell tumor formation and the relationship between germ cell tumorigenesis and stem cell biology will be presented. ..