Affiliation: University of California
- Is it mild obstructive sleep apnea?David Claman
UCSF Sleep Disorders Center Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 2:89-91. 2006
- Prevalence and correlates of periodic limb movements in older womenDavid M Claman
University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 2:438-45. 2006..However, no large polysomnographic study has closely examined the relationship of PLMS to sleep architecture and arousals from sleep. We investigated the prevalence and correlates of PLMS in a community-based sample of older women...
- Actigraphy-measured sleep characteristics and risk of falls in older womenKatie L Stone
Research Institute, California Pacific Medical Center, 185 Berry St, Lobby 4, Fifth Floor, Ste 5700, San Francisco, CA 94107 1762, USA
Arch Intern Med 168:1768-75. 2008..However, no previous study, to our knowledge, has tested the independent associations of objectively estimated characteristics of sleep and risk of falls, accounting for the use of commonly prescribed treatments for insomnia...
- Behavioral correlates of sleep-disordered breathing in older womenEric J Kezirian
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Sleep 30:1181-8. 2007....
- Behavioral correlates of sleep-disordered breathing in older menEric J Kezirian
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Sleep 32:253-61. 2009....
- Obstructive sleep apnea: a risk factor for work disabilityTheodore A Omachi
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0111, USA
Sleep 32:791-8. 2009..To examine obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) as a risk factor for work disability...
- Hypothermia from prolonged immersion: biophysical parameters of a survivorThomas J Nuckton
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine and the Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Emerg Med 22:371-4. 2002..0282 m(2)/L). We believe that the patient's large body habitus contributed to survival and that surface/volume ratio was likely the biophysical variable most closely associated with decreased cooling...
- Physical examination: Mallampati score as an independent predictor of obstructive sleep apneaThomas J Nuckton
The California Pacific Medical Center Research Institute, San Francisco 94115 1821, USA
Sleep 29:903-8. 2006..Mallampati scoring of the orophyarynx is a simple noninvasive method used to assess the difficulty of endotracheal intubation, but its clinical usefulness has not been validated in patients with sleep-disordered breathing...