Francisco J Civantos
Affiliation: University of Miami
- Photodynamic therapy for head and neck lesions in the subtropicsFrancisco Civantos
Division of Head and Neck Surgery, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33163, USA
J Natl Compr Canc Netw 10:S65-8. 2012..Where PDT may fit in the treatment spectrum for head and neck cancers is one of the unanswered questions requiring further study...
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy accurately stages the regional lymph nodes for T1-T2 oral squamous cell carcinomas: results of a prospective multi-institutional trialFrancisco J Civantos
University of Miami, Miami, FL 33136, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:1395-400. 2010..The validity of sentinel lymph node biopsy (SLNB) for T1 or T2, clinically N0, oral cancer was tested by correlation of sentinel node pathologic status with that of nodes within the completion neck dissection...
- Sentinel node biopsy for squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neckFrancisco Civantos
University of Miami, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
J Surg Oncol 97:683-90. 2008..Subsequent trials should document clinical follow-up. This technique may ultimately play a wider role in the management of mucosal cancers...
- Lymphatic mapping and sentinel lymphadenectomy for 106 head and neck lesions: contrasts between oral cavity and cutaneous malignancyFrancisco J Civantos
Department of Otolaryngology, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Laryngoscope 112:1-15. 2006....
- Molecular markers of micrometastasis in oral cavity carcinomasRoss M Germani
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Miami, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 141:52-8. 2009..To examine the expression of candidate markers for micrometastasis...
- Sentinel node biopsy in oral cavity cancer: correlation with PET scan and immunohistochemistryFrancisco J Civantos
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Miami Hospital and Clinics/Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, 1475 NW 12 Avenue, Suite 4027, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Head Neck 25:1-9. 2003..There were seven true negatives and one false negative. CONCLUSIONS: Gross tumor replacement of lymph node architecture may obstruct and redirect lymphatic flow. Overall LS/SNB holds promise for oral cancer...
- Treatment of recurrent and advanced stage squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neckDavid J Arnold
University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Semin Radiat Oncol 14:190-5. 2004..The best approach for many patients and families who face advanced recurrent disease is honest but compassionate communication and supportive care with the help of a hospice organization...
- Sentinel node biopsy in oral squamous cell carcinomaFrancisco Civantos
Department of Head and Neck, University of Miami, Miami, FL 33136, USA
J Surg Oncol 96:330-6. 2007..Subsequent trials need to involve clinical follow-up and evaluation for recurrence in the neck. We believe this technique may ultimately play a role in the management of early oral cancer...
- Efficacy of transnasal endoscopic resection for malignant anterior skull-base tumorsJohn W Wood
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL
Int Forum Allergy Rhinol 2:487-95. 2012..However, during the past 2 decades, transnasal endoscopic resection (TER) has gained significant popularity. The purpose of this study is to compare CFR and TER with respect to perioperative and oncologic outcomes...
- MUC4 and ERBB2 expression in major and minor salivary gland mucoepidermoid carcinomaDonald T Weed
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, 1475 NW 12th Avenue, Suite 4027, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Head Neck 26:353-64. 2004..Although limited by small sample size, analysis reveals ErbB2 overexpression is not consistently associated with MUC4 antigen positivity and might be associated with increased risk of death...
- Cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) expression is an independent predictor of prostate cancer recurrenceBrian L Cohen
Department of Urology, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, FL 33101, USA
Int J Cancer 119:1082-7. 2006..COX-2 expression is an independent predictor of prostate cancer progression following RP and underscores the significance of inflammatory factors in this process...
- Comparison of the prognostic potential of hyaluronic acid, hyaluronidase (HYAL-1), CD44v6 and microvessel density for prostate cancerSinan Ekici
Department of Urology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33101, USA
Int J Cancer 112:121-9. 2004..In our retrospective study with 72- to 131-month follow-up, EPE, preoperative PSA and HYAL-1 either alone or together with HA (i.e., combined HA-HYAL-1) were independent prognostic indicators for PCa...