Ewa M Ciszak
Affiliation: University of Alabama in Huntsville
- Structural basis for flip-flop action of thiamin pyrophosphate-dependent enzymes revealed by human pyruvate dehydrogenaseEwa M Ciszak
Biological and Physical Space Research Laboratory, National Aeronautics and Space Administration Marshall Space Flight Center and Universities Space Research Association, Huntsville, Alabama 35812, USA
J Biol Chem 278:21240-6. 2003....
- How dihydrolipoamide dehydrogenase-binding protein binds dihydrolipoamide dehydrogenase in the human pyruvate dehydrogenase complexEwa M Ciszak
Laboratory for Structural Biology, National Space Science and Technology Center, University of Alabama in Huntsville, 35805, USA
J Biol Chem 281:648-55. 2006....
- Conformational investigation of alpha,beta-dehydropeptides. XVI. Beta-turn tendency in Ac-Pro-DeltaXaa-NHMe: crystallographic and theoretical studiesMalgorzata A Broda
Institute of Chemistry, University of Opole, Olesja Street 48, 45 052 Opole, Poland
J Pept Sci 12:538-49. 2006..The role of pi-electron correlation and intramolecular hydrogen bonds interaction in stabilizing the hairpin structures are discussed...
- Structural basis for the catalytic activity of human serine/threonine protein phosphatase-5Mark R Swingle
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, College of Medicine, University of South Alabama, Mobile, Alabama 36688, USA
J Biol Chem 279:33992-9. 2004..Resolution of the entire C terminus revealed a novel subdomain, and the structure of the PP5c should also aid development of type-specific inhibitors...
- Function of several critical amino acids in human pyruvate dehydrogenase revealed by its structureLioubov G Korotchkina
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 429:171-9. 2004..Analysis of several critical E1 residues confirms the importance of residues distant from the active site for subunit interactions and enzyme function...