Affiliation: University of Iowa
Location: Iowa City, IA,
- Restless legs syndrome and functional limitations among American elders in the Health and Retirement StudyDominic J Cirillo
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA, USA
BMC Geriatr 12:39. 2012..Restless legs syndrome (RLS) is a common condition associated with decreased quality of life in older adults. This study estimates the prevalence, risk factors, and functional correlates of among U.S. elders...
- Lipids and pulmonary function in the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination SurveyDominic J Cirillo
Division of Nutritional Sciences, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
Am J Epidemiol 155:842-8. 2002..Whether these associations are causal remains to be determined...
- Effect of estrogen therapy on gallbladder diseaseDominic J Cirillo
Department of Epidemiology, College of Public Health, University of Iowa, Iowa City, USA
JAMA 293:330-9. 2005..Estrogen therapy is thought to promote gallstone formation and cholecystitis but most data derive from observational studies rather than randomized trials...
- Use of complementary medicine in older Americans: results from the Health and Retirement StudyJose Ness
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, SE624GH, 200 Hawkins Drive, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Gerontologist 45:516-24. 2005..This study was designed to identify such correlates in a large sample of older adults, thus generating new data relevant to consumer education, medical training, and health practice and policy...
- Effect of hormone therapy on risk of hip and knee joint replacement in the Women's Health InitiativeDominic J Cirillo
University of Iowa College of Public Health, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Arthritis Rheum 54:3194-204. 2006..To determine the effect of hormone therapy on arthroplasty rates...
- Testing the proportional hazards assumption in case-cohort analysisXiaonan Xue
Department of Epidemiology and Population Health, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
BMC Med Res Methodol 13:88. 2013..However, no appropriate procedures to assess the assumption of proportional hazards of case-cohort Cox models have been proposed...