Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Mycophenolate mofetil and myasthenia gravisE Ciafaloni
Department of Neurology, University of Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Lupus 14:s46-9. 2005....
- Pregnancy and birth outcomes in women with facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophyE Ciafaloni
Department of Neurology, University of Rochester, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 673, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Neurology 67:1887-9. 2006..The rates for low birth weight and total operative deliveries were statistically higher than the national rates in the general population. Worsening of FSHD was reported in 24% of gestations and did not usually resolve after delivery...
- The hypocretin neurotransmission system in myotonic dystrophy type 1E Ciafaloni
University of Rochester, Department of Neurology, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 673, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Neurology 70:226-30. 2008..Some patients with DM1 show sleep-onset REM, similar to that observed in narcolepsy. Narcolepsy is characterized by impaired hypocretin (Hcrt) neurotransmission...
- Delayed diagnosis in duchenne muscular dystrophy: data from the Muscular Dystrophy Surveillance, Tracking, and Research Network (MD STARnet)Emma Ciafaloni
Department of Neurology, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, USA
J Pediatr 155:380-5. 2009..To identify key factors for the delay in diagnosis of Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) without known family history...
- Use of single strand conformation polymorphism analysis to detect point mutations in human mitochondrial DNAA Suomalainen
Department of Neurology, Columbia University, New York, NY
J Neurol Sci 111:222-6. 1992..Using SSCP analysis, we also detected a new polymorphism in 1 patient. Thus, SSCP analysis can be applied to search effectively and rapidly for point mutations or polymorphisms in mitochondrial DNA...
- Effect of thymectomy on human peripheral blood T cell pools in myasthenia gravisG Sempowski
Department of Medicine, Center for AIDS Research, and Human Vaccine Institute, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Immunol 166:2808-17. 2001..In contrast, there was no significant effect of thymectomy on absolute numbers of naive PB T cells. Thus, in MG, removal of a thymus with active thymopoiesis resulted in a significant fall in PB TREC(+) T cells postthymectomy...
- Mycophenolate mofetil for myasthenia gravis: an analysis of efficacy, safety, and tolerabilityM N Meriggioli
Department of Neurological Sciences, Rush University, Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Neurology 61:1438-40. 2003..Quantitative strength testing performed on the majority of patients before and after treatment also improved. Side effects to MyM were observed in 27% of patients but required discontinuation in only 6%...