Mariann D Churchwell
Affiliation: University of Toledo
- Selected pharmacokinetic issues in patients with chronic kidney diseaseMariann D Churchwell
Department of Pharmacy Practice, University of Toledo College of Pharmacy, Toledo, Ohio, USA
Blood Purif 25:133-8. 2007..The likelihood of an adverse drug reaction increases with each medication added to these patients' daily regimen. In this article we discuss selected pharmacokinetic issues unique to CKD patients...
- Daptomycin clearance during modeled continuous renal replacement therapyMariann D Churchwell
The University of Toledo, College of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacy Practice, Toledo, Ohio, USA
Blood Purif 24:548-54. 2006..Pharmacotherapy in critically ill patients receiving continuous renal replacement therapies (CRRT) is challenging due to the lack of published information to base dosing regimens...
- Trace element removal during in vitro and in vivo continuous haemodialysisMariann D Churchwell
Department of Pharmacy Practice, University of Toledo College of Pharmacy, 2801 W Bancroft MS 609, Toledo, OH 43606, USA
Nephrol Dial Transplant 22:2970-7. 2007..Our understanding of trace element CRRT clearance has been limited by poor assay sensitivity. The development of inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (ICP-MS) allows for the measurement of CRRT trace element removal...
- Enhanced clearance of highly protein-bound drugs by albumin-supplemented dialysate during modeled continuous hemodialysisMariann D Churchwell
1Department of Pharmacy Practice, University of Toledo College of Pharmacy, Toledo, OH 43606 3360, USA
Nephrol Dial Transplant 24:231-8. 2009..We investigated whether the addition of albumin to dialysate affects dialytic clearance of VPA, CBZ and PHT...
- Use of an in vitro model of renal replacement therapy systems to estimate extracorporeal drug removalMariann D Churchwell
University of Toledo College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 3000 Arlington Avenue, MS 1013, Toledo, OH, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 52:35S-44S. 2012..This review describes in vitro renal replacement therapy models and compares the findings of several in vitro and in vivo studies...
- Vibration enhances clearance of solutes with varying molecular weights during in vitro hemodialysisBruce A Mueller
Department of Clinical, Social and Administrative Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1065, USA
ASAIO J 59:140-4. 2013..The addition of vibration during dialysis increased transmembrane clearance for solutes with molecular weights of 60-1450 Daltons...
- Drug dosing during continuous renal replacement therapyMariann D Churchwell
Department of Pharmacy Practice, University of Toledo, College of Pharmacy, Toledo, OH, USA
Semin Dial 22:185-8. 2009..This drug dosing review will highlight factors that clinicians should consider when determining a pharmacotherapy regimen for a patient receiving CRRT...