Genomes and Genes
Sharon A Chung
Affiliation: University of California
- European population substructure is associated with mucocutaneous manifestations and autoantibody production in systemic lupus erythematosusSharon A Chung
Division of Rheumatology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0500, USA
Arthritis Rheum 60:2448-56. 2009..To determine whether genetic substructure in European-derived populations is associated with specific manifestations of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), including mucocutaneous phenotypes, autoantibody production, and renal disease...
- Differential genetic associations for systemic lupus erythematosus based on anti-dsDNA autoantibody productionSharon A Chung
Rosalind Russell Medical Research Center for Arthritis, Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, United States of America
PLoS Genet 7:e1001323. 2011..Lack of strong SNP associations may suggest that other types of genetic variation or non-genetic factors such as environmental exposures have a greater impact on susceptibility to anti-dsDNA - SLE...
- Specificity of the STAT4 genetic association for severe disease manifestations of systemic lupus erythematosusKimberly E Taylor
Rosalind Russell Medical Research Center for Arthritis, University of California San Francisco, California, USA
PLoS Genet 4:e1000084. 2008..We conclude that this common polymorphism of STAT4 contributes to the phenotypic heterogeneity of SLE, predisposing specifically to more severe disease...
- Risk alleles for systemic lupus erythematosus in a large case-control collection and associations with clinical subphenotypesKimberly E Taylor
Rosalind Russell Medical Research Center for Arthritis, Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS Genet 7:e1001311. 2011..Thus our analysis categorizes SLE subphenotypes into three groups: those having cumulative, single, and no known genetic association with respect to the currently established SLE risk loci...
- A comprehensive analysis of shared loci between systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and sixteen autoimmune diseases reveals limited genetic overlapPaula S Ramos
Department of Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina, United States of America
PLoS Genet 7:e1002406. 2011....
- Meta-analysis of genetic polymorphisms in granulomatosis with polyangiitis (Wegener's) reveals shared susceptibility loci with rheumatoid arthritisSharon A Chung
University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Arthritis Rheum 64:3463-71. 2012....
- PTPN22: its role in SLE and autoimmunitySharon A Chung
Rosalind Russell Medical Research Center for Arthritis, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Autoimmunity 40:582-90. 2007..In addition, we review the studies investigating the association between this gene and SLE, along with other autoimmune diseases...