Affiliation: University of California
- Flexibility and structure may enhance implementation of family-focused therapy in community mental health settingsBowen Chung
Center for Health Services and Society, Semel Institute for Neuroscience, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, University of California at Los Angeles, 10920 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 300, Los Angeles, CA, 90024, USA
Community Ment Health J 50:787-91. 2014..Providers expressed preferences for structured EBPs like FFT that have both explicit implementation steps and built-in flexibility...
- Project overview of the Restoration Center Los Angeles: steps to wholeness--mind, body, and spiritBowen Chung
RAND Corporation, USA
Ethn Dis 21:S1-100-6. 2011....
- Using a community partnered participatory research approach to implement a randomized controlled trial: planning community partners in careBowen Chung
RAND Corporation, Santa Monica, CA 90509, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 21:780-95. 2010....
- Story of Stone Soup: a recipe to improve health disparitiesBowen Chung
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, USA
Ethn Dis 20:S2-9-14. 2010....
- Using community arts events to enhance collective efficacy and community engagement to address depression in an African American communityBowen Chung
RAND Corporation, Santa Monica, CA, USA
Am J Public Health 99:237-44. 2009..We used community-partnered participatory research (CPPR) to measure collective efficacy and its role as a precursor of community engagement to improve depression care in the African American community of South Los Angeles...
- National recommendations for enhancing the conduct of ethical health research with human participants in post-disaster situationsBowen Chung
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California, USA
Ethn Dis 18:378-83. 2008....
- Talking Wellness: a description of a community-academic partnered project to engage an African-American community around depression through the use of poetry, film, and photographyBowen Chung
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, UCLA Health Services Research Center, CA 90024 6505, USA
Ethn Dis 16:S67-78. 2006..The project is described from the perspective of community members involved in the process...
- Community-partnered evaluation of depression services for clients of community-based agencies in under-resourced communities in Los AngelesJeanne Miranda
Department of Psychiatry, David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA, Los Angeles, USA
J Gen Intern Med 28:1279-87. 2013....
- Building an academic-community partnered network for clinical services research: the Community Health Improvement Collaborative (CHIC)Kenneth B Wells
RAND Corporation, Santa Monica, California, USA
Ethn Dis 16:S3-17. 2006....
- Community-partnered cluster-randomized comparative effectiveness trial of community engagement and planning or resources for services to address depression disparitiesKenneth B Wells
RAND Corporation, Santa Monica, CA, USA
J Gen Intern Med 28:1268-78. 2013..Little is known about effects on client outcomes of strategies to implement depression QI across diverse sectors...
- Addressing unmet mental health and substance abuse needs: a partnered planning effort between grassroots community agencies, faith-based organizations, service providers, and academic institutionsEunice C Wong
RAND Corporation, 1776 Main Street, PO Box 2138 Santa Monica, CA 90407, USA
Ethn Dis 21:S1-107-13. 2011....
- Problem gambling knowledge and perceived community impact among Asian-Pacific Islanders and non Asian-Pacific IslandersTimothy Fong
UCLA Gambling Studies Program, David Geffen School of Medicine, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 12:173-8. 2010..Emerging data suggest that problem/pathological gambling may be highly prevalent among Asian-Pacific Islanders (APIs) and that can be a major concern to their communities...
- An implementation evaluation of the community engagement and planning intervention in the CPIC Depression Care Improvement TrialDmitry Khodyakov
THE RAND CORPORATION, 1776 Main Street, PO Box 2138, Santa Monica, CA, 90407 2138, USA
Community Ment Health J 50:312-24. 2014..To facilitate the development of collaborative relationships, time and effort should be devoted to explaining how collaboration among diverse agencies may take place. ..