William W Chu
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Metastatic intracardiac tumour from liposarcomaWilliam W Chu
Department of Medicine, Cardiovascular Section, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison 53792, USA
Can J Cardiol 18:777-8. 2002
- SPECT imaging of apical hypertrophic cardiomyopathyWilliam W Chu
Department of Cardiology, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, Wisconsin 53792 3248, USA
Clin Nucl Med 27:785-7. 2002..A case showing the typical scintigraphic and cardiac echocardiographic findings of apical hypertrophic cardiomyopathy is presented...
- Use of a percutaneous vascular suture device for closure of an inadvertent subclavian artery punctureMichael C Fraizer
Section of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 59:369-71. 2003..We report a case of inadvertent subclavian arterial sheath placement during an attempted internal jugular venous catheterization. This was successfully removed using a percutaneous vascular suture device...
- Evolving clinical applications of cardiac markers: a review of the literatureWilliam W Chu
Section of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, USA
WMJ 101:49-55. 2002....
- Correlates and long-term outcomes of angiographically proven stent thrombosis with sirolimus- and paclitaxel-eluting stentsPramod K Kuchulakanti
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Circulation 113:1108-13. 2006..Stent thrombosis (ST) is a serious complication of drug-eluting stent (DES) implantation regardless of the timing (acute, subacute, or late). The correlates of ST with DES are not yet completely elucidated...
- Increased late sodium current in myocytes from a canine heart failure model and from failing human heartCarmen R Valdivia
Departments of Medicine, Surgery and Physiology, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, University of Wisconsin, 600 Highland Avenue H6 349, Madison, WI 53792, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 38:475-83. 2005..We conclude that a peak I(Na) is decreased, and non-inactivating late I(Na) is increased in heart failure and this may contribute to action potential prolongation and the generation of arrhythmia...
- Frequency and severity of plaque prolapse within Cypher and Taxus stents as determined by sequential intravascular ultrasound analysisSang Wook Kim
Cardiovascular Research Institute Medstar Research Institute, Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC, USA
Am J Cardiol 98:1206-11. 2006..However, sequential intravascular ultrasound imaging showed that the frequency and amount of plaque prolapse were neither increased nor decreased by additional higher pressure inflations...
- Efficacy of sirolimus-eluting stents compared with bare metal stents for saphenous vein graft interventionWilliam W Chu
Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC, USA
Am J Cardiol 97:34-7. 2006..84). In conclusion, the use of SESs in patients who undergo SVG intervention with a distal protection device is clinically safe and feasible but is not associated with decreased clinical events up to 1 year compared with BMSs...
- Effect of a rapid intra-arterial infusion of dextrose 5% prior to coronary angiography on frequency of contrast-induced nephropathy in high-risk patientsLeonardo C Clavijo
The Division of Cardiology, Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC, USA
Am J Cardiol 97:981-3. 2006..4%) in the group treated with 5% dextrose. The relative risk decrease was 73% (p = 0.03). This is an effective, quick, and inexpensive method of improving outcomes in patients who undergo percutaneous coronary interventions...
- Efficacy of sirolimus-eluting stents as compared to paclitaxel-eluting stents for saphenous vein graft interventionWilliam W Chu
Division of Cardiology, Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
J Interv Cardiol 19:121-5. 2006..We conducted this retrospective analysis to investigate this issue...
- Clinical outcomes after percutaneous coronary intervention with drug-eluting stents in dialysis patientsSalah Eddine Hassani
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 18:273-7. 2006..We aimed to compare the clinical outcomes of dialysis versus nondialysis patients after coronary drug-eluting stent (DES) implantation...
- Role of prophylactic intra-aortic balloon pump in high-risk patients undergoing percutaneous coronary interventionSundeep Mishra
Division of Cardiology, Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC, USA
Am J Cardiol 98:608-12. 2006..Therefore, in high-risk patients undergoing PCI, liberal use of a P-IABP should be considered...