Timothy F Christian
Affiliation: University of Vermont
- Estimation of absolute myocardial blood flow during first-pass MR perfusion imaging using a dual-bolus injection technique: comparison to single-bolus injection methodTimothy F Christian
Department of Medicine, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, Vermont 05495, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 27:1271-7. 2008..To compare the dual-bolus to single-bolus quantitative first-pass magnetic resonance myocardial perfusion imaging for estimation of absolute myocardial blood flow (MBF)...
- Accuracy of cardiac magnetic resonance of absolute myocardial blood flow with a high-field system: comparison with conventional field strengthTimothy F Christian
University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, Vermont, USA
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 2:1103-10. 2009..0-T magnet and compare these measures with FP perfusion at 1.5-T with absolute MBF by labeled microspheres as the gold standard...
- Gated SPECT imaging to detect changes in myocardial blood flow during progressive coronary occlusionTimothy F Christian
The Division of Cardiology, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, MN, USA
Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 24:269-76. 2008..The purpose of this study was to determine whether gated Tc-99 m sestamibi (MIBI) SPECT imaging can track small changes in MBF in a model of progressive ischemia...
- Comparison of the predischarge exercise thallium-201 perfusion defect after myocardial infarction with myocardium at risk measured during acute infarction with technetium-99m sestamibi imagingAndre C Lapeyre
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am Heart J 145:357-63. 2003..The relationship between the size of the exercise thallium perfusion defect and the extent of myocardium supplied by a diseased coronary artery has not been established. This study evaluates that presumed correlation...
- Grade 3 ischemia on the admission electrocardiogram predicts rapid progression of necrosis over time and less myocardial salvage by primary angioplastyTherese Billgren
Division of Cardiology, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555, USA
J Electrocardiol 38:187-94. 2005..5, and 3, respectively. CONCLUSIONS: Patients with grade 3 ischemia have rapid progression of necrosis over time and less myocardial salvage. This admission pattern is a predictor of myocardial salvage by primary angioplasty...
- Manganese enhanced magnetic resonance imaging of normal and ischemic canine heartTom C-C Hu
Laboratory of Functional and Molecular Imaging, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, Maryland 20892-1061, USA
Magn Reson Med 54:196-200. 2005..03). In conclusion, the intracellular contrast agent MnCl2 enhances the canine heart and shows promise in detecting ischemia at doses that do not cause adverse cardiac effects...
- Absolute myocardial perfusion in canines measured by using dual-bolus first-pass MR imagingTimothy F Christian
Laboratory of Cardiac Energetics, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bldg 10, Rm B1D416, MSC 1061, 10 Center Dr, Bethesda, MD 20892-1061, USA
Radiology 232:677-84. 2004..0 mL/min/g). Use of qualitative MR imaging measures such as the contrast enhancement ratio led to substantially underestimated hyperemic blood flow measurements...
- 3 Tesla MR imaging provides improved contrast in first-pass myocardial perfusion imaging over a range of gadolinium dosesPhilip A Araoz
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 7:559-64. 2005..To compare myocardial enhancement during first-pass myocardial perfusion imaging at 3.0 Tesla (T) and 1.5T...
- Positively magnetic northTimothy F Christian
J Am Coll Cardiol 47:1646-8. 2006
- Comparison between human and automated electrocardiographic waveform measurements for calculating the Anderson-Wilkins acuteness score in patients with acute myocardial infarctionRasmus S Ripa
The Heart Centre, Department of Medicine, Copenhagen University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Electrocardiol 38:96-9. 2005..In conclusion, the AW acuteness score established using manual ECG waveform measurements can be implemented into commercial automated ECG analysis programs to achieve practical use in clinical decision support for patients with AMI...
- Incremental prognostic value of exercise single-photon emission computed tomographic (SPECT) thallium 201 imaging in patients with ST-T abnormalities on their resting electrocardiogramsJennifer M F Kwok
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases and Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic and Mayo Foundation, Rochester, Minn 55905, USA
Am Heart J 149:145-51. 2005..However, patients classified as low risk or high risk by exercise testing using the Cl + Ex model do not require 201 Tl imaging. Intermediate-risk patients should be further risk-stratified by 201 Tl imaging...
- Utility of myocardial perfusion imaging in patients with low-risk treadmill scoresIndu G Poornima
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases and Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic and Mayo Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 43:194-9. 2004..In patients with low-risk Duke treadmill scores and high clinical risk, annual cardiac mortality (>1%) is not low, and myocardial perfusion imaging has independent prognostic value...
- A modified Anderson-Wilkins electrocardiographic acuteness score for anterior or inferior myocardial infarctionBo Hedén
Department of Clinical Physiology, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Am Heart J 146:797-803. 2003....
- Prognostic significance of ischemic electrocardiographic changes during vasodilator stress testing in patients with normal SPECT imagesElizabeth Klodas
Division Cardiovascular, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, Minn 55905, USA
J Nucl Cardiol 10:4-8. 2003....
- Detecting acute coronary syndrome in the emergency department with cardiac magnetic resonance imagingRaymond Y Kwong
Laboratory of Cardiac Energetics, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892-1061, USA
Circulation 107:531-7. 2003..Performed urgently to evaluate chest pain, MRI accurately detected a high fraction of patients with acute coronary syndrome, including patients with enzyme-negative unstable angina...
- Impact of gender on rest Tc-99m sestamibi-gated left ventricular ejection fractionGarvan C Kane
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Am J Cardiol 89:1238-41. 2002
- Effects of adjustment for referral bias on the sensitivity and specificity of single photon emission computed tomography for the diagnosis of coronary artery diseaseTodd D Miller
Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Am J Med 112:290-7. 2002..Adjustment for referral bias yields estimates for sensitivity and specificity and likelihood ratios that better reflect the accuracy of the technique...