N A Christakis
Affiliation: University of Chicago
- Attitude and self-reported practice regarding prognostication in a national sample of internistsN A Christakis
Department of Medicine, Population Research Center, University of Chicago, Ill, USA
Arch Intern Med 158:2389-95. 1998..Since prognostication appears increasingly important in clinical practice, especially in end-of-life care, we examined physicians' experiences and attitudes regarding it...
- Extent and determinants of error in doctors' prognoses in terminally ill patients: prospective cohort studyN A Christakis
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
BMJ 320:469-72. 2000..To describe doctors' prognostic accuracy in terminally ill patients and to evaluate the determinants of that accuracy...
- Prognostic disclosure to patients with cancer near the end of lifeE B Lamont
University of Chicago Medical Center, 5841 South Maryland Avenue, MC 2007, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Ann Intern Med 134:1096-105. 2001..This pattern may contribute to the observed disparities between physicians' and patients' estimates of survival...
- A methodology for identifying married couples in Medicare data: mortality, morbidity, and health care use among the married elderlyT J Iwashyna
Harris School of Public Policy Studies, Pritzker School of Medicine, University of Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Demography 35:413-9. 1998..We illustrate the method by demonstrating substantial differences in survival in a cohort of hospice patients as a function of not only the patient's own diagnosis and illness burden but also the patient's spouse's illness burden...
- Extent and determinants of discrepancy between self-evaluations of weight status and clinical standardsV W Chang
Section of General Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Gen Intern Med 16:538-43. 2001..To examine the extent and type of discordance between personal and medical classifications of weight status, and to examine the influence of sociodemographic factors on the misclassification of weight status...