Tsui Fen Chou
Affiliation: University of California
- Specific inhibition of p97/VCP ATPase and kinetic analysis demonstrate interaction between D1 and D2 ATPase domainsTsui Fen Chou
Division of Medical Genetics, Department of Pediatrics, Harbor UCLA Medical Center and Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute, Torrance, CA 90502, USA Electronic address
J Mol Biol 426:2886-99. 2014..These differential effects provide the first evidence that p97 cofactors and disease mutations can alter p97 inhibitor potency and suggest the possibility of developing context-dependent inhibitors of p97. ..
- Structure-activity relationship study reveals ML240 and ML241 as potent and selective inhibitors of p97 ATPaseTsui Fen Chou
Division of Biology and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, California Institute of Technology, 1200 East California Boulevard, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
ChemMedChem 8:297-312. 2013..Our results nominate ML240 as a promising starting point for the development of a novel agent for the chemotherapy of cancer, and provide a rationale for developing pathway-specific p97 inhibitors...
- Reversible inhibitor of p97, DBeQ, impairs both ubiquitin-dependent and autophagic protein clearance pathwaysTsui Fen Chou
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:4834-9. 2011..DBeQ also potently inhibits cancer cell growth and is more rapid than a proteasome inhibitor at mobilizing the executioner caspases-3 and -7. Our results provide a rationale for targeting p97 in cancer therapy...
- Development of p97 AAA ATPase inhibitorsTsui Fen Chou
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA, USA
Autophagy 7:1091-2. 2011....
- Evaluating p97 inhibitor analogues for their domain selectivity and potency against the p97-p47 complexChen Jie Fang
Division of Medical Genetics, Department of Pediatrics, Harbor UCLA Medical Center and Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute, 1124 West Carson Street, Torrance, CA 90502 USA School of Chemical Biology and Pharmaceutics, Capital Medical University, Beijing 100069 P R China
ChemMedChem 10:52-6. 2015..These results highlight the possibility of developing domain-selective and complex-specific p97 inhibitors in order to further elucidate the physiological roles of p97 and its cofactors. ..
- Quantitative cell-based protein degradation assays to identify and classify drugs that target the ubiquitin-proteasome systemTsui Fen Chou
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California 91125, USA
J Biol Chem 286:16546-54. 2011..Our work establishes a high-throughput screening-compatible pipeline for identification and classification of small molecules, cDNAs, or siRNAs that target components of the ubiquitin-proteasome system...
- Altered cofactor regulation with disease-associated p97/VCP mutationsXiaoyi Zhang
Division of Medical Genetics, Department of Pediatrics, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute, Torrance, CA 90502 College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Capital Medical University, Beijing 100069, People s Republic of China
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112:E1705-14. 2015..Our results show that cofactors play a critical role in controlling p97 ATPase activity, and suggest that lack of cofactor-regulated communication may contribute to p97-associated disease pathogenesis. ..