Genomes and Genes
Ya Lin Chiu
Affiliation: University of California
- Cellular APOBEC3G restricts HIV-1 infection in resting CD4+ T cellsYa Lin Chiu
Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Nature 435:108-14. 2005..the reverse transcripts slowly formed in unstimulated CD4+ T cells reveals only low levels of dG dA hypermutation, raising the possibility that the APOBEC3G-restricting activity may not be strictly dependent on deoxycytidine deamination..
- Biochemical fractionation and purification of high-molecular-mass APOBEC3G complexesYa Lin Chiu
Department of Medicine, Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Methods Mol Biol 718:185-206. 2011..Purified HMM A3G complexes will be useful for studying many aspects of the A3G biology, including A3G's roles in restricting retroviral replication, inhibiting retroelement mobility, and potentially regulating cellular RNA function...
- The APOBEC3 cytidine deaminases: an innate defensive network opposing exogenous retroviruses and endogenous retroelementsYa Lin Chiu
Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology, San Francisco, California 94158, USA
Annu Rev Immunol 26:317-53. 2008....
- Multifaceted antiviral actions of APOBEC3 cytidine deaminasesYa Lin Chiu
Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94141 9100, USA
Trends Immunol 27:291-7. 2006....
- High-molecular-mass APOBEC3G complexes restrict Alu retrotranspositionYa Lin Chiu
Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology, 1650 Owens Street, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:15588-93. 2006....
- APOBEC3G: an intracellular centurionYa Lin Chiu
Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 364:689-703. 2009..LMM A3G opposes the external threat posed by exogenous retroviruses, while HMM A3G complexes oppose the internal threat posed by the retrotransposition of select types of retroelements...
- Distinct patterns of cytokine regulation of APOBEC3G expression and activity in primary lymphocytes, macrophages, and dendritic cellsKim S Stopak
Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology, University of California, San Francisco, California 94158, USA
J Biol Chem 282:3539-46. 2007..Together, these results highlight the distinct inductive effects of select cytokines on A3G gene expression and A3G complex assembly that occur in natural cellular targets of HIV infection...
- APOBEC3 cytidine deaminases: distinct antiviral actions along the retroviral life cycleYa Lin Chiu
Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94141, USA
J Biol Chem 281:8309-12. 2006..Although scientifically fascinating, advances in APOBEC3 biology may lead to new antiviral drugs and improved lentiviral vectors for gene therapy...
- Recombinant human growth hormone and rosiglitazone for abdominal fat accumulation in HIV-infected patients with insulin resistance: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, factorial trialMarshall J Glesby
Department of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, New York, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e61160. 2013..We aimed to determine if adding rosiglitazone to rhGH would abrogate the adverse effects of rhGH on insulin sensitivity (SI) and subcutaneous adipose tissue (SAT) volume...
- High-dose recombinant Canarypox vaccine expressing HIV-1 protein, in seronegative human subjectsPaul A Goepfert
Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 2050, USA
J Infect Dis 192:1249-59. 2005..0) TCID50 (60 participants) than when given at the regular dose, 10(7.26) TCID50 (40 participants); as a control, a placebo vaccine preparation also was administered (10 participants)...
- The CD16+ monocyte subset is more permissive to infection and preferentially harbors HIV-1 in vivoPhilip J Ellery
AIDS Pathogenesis and Clinical Research Program, Macfarlane Burnet Institute for Medical Research and Public Health, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Immunol 178:6581-9. 2007..Collectively, these data show that CD16+ monocytes are preferentially susceptible to HIV-1 entry, more permissive for replication, and constitute a continuing source of viral persistence during HAART...
- Inhibition of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 replication by RNA interference directed against human transcription elongation factor P-TEFb (CDK9/CyclinT1)Ya Lin Chiu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01605, USA
J Virol 78:2517-29. 2004....