Kelly M Chin
Affiliation: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Is methamphetamine use associated with idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension?Kelly M Chin
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, St Paul University Hospital, Dallas, TX, USA
Chest 130:1657-63. 2006....
- Central venous blood oxygen saturation monitoring in patients with chronic pulmonary arterial hypertension treated with continuous IV epoprostenol: correlation with measurements of hemodynamics and plasma brain natriuretic peptide levelsKelly M Chin
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Pulmonary Hypertension Program, 5909 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75235 9254, USA
Chest 132:786-92. 2007....
- Two formulations of epoprostenol sodium in the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension: EPITOME-1 (epoprostenol for injection in pulmonary arterial hypertension), a phase IV, open-label, randomized studyKelly M Chin
UT Southwestern, Dallas, TX Electronic address
Am Heart J 167:218-225.e1. 2014..Epoprostenol AM contains different inactive excipients, resulting in greater stability at room temperature compared with epoprostenol GM...
- Characterizing the right ventricle: advancing our knowledgeKelly M Chin
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 8550, USA
Am J Cardiol 110:3S-8S. 2012....
- Pulmonary arterial hypertensionKelly M Chin
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75235, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 51:1527-38. 2008..The purpose of this review is to describe the current state of evidence for the diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment of the patient with PAH...
- Changes in right ventricular structure and function assessed using cardiac magnetic resonance imaging in bosentan-treated patients with pulmonary arterial hypertensionKelly M Chin
UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
Am J Cardiol 101:1669-72. 2008..In conclusion, these results suggest that cardiac magnetic resonance imaging may have value in determining response to therapy and prognosis in patients with PAH...
- Hemodynamics and epoprostenol use are associated with thrombocytopenia in pulmonary arterial hypertensionKelly M Chin
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Pulmonary Hypertension Program, Dallas, TX 75235 9254, USA
Chest 135:130-6. 2009..In this study, we evaluate whether epoprostenol use, other PAH medication use, hemodynamics, or PAH etiology are associated with thrombocytopenia in PAH...
- Association of cardiac troponin I with disease severity and outcomes in patients with pulmonary hypertensionMariella Velez-Martinez
Cardiology Division, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
Am J Cardiol 111:1812-7. 2013..This hs assay has the potential to detect more at-risk patients and improve current risk-stratification algorithms...
- Left atrial structure and function and clinical outcomes in the general populationSachin Gupta
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, 75390 9047, USA
Eur Heart J 34:278-85. 2013..Left atrial (LA) structural and functional abnormalities may be subclinical phenotypes, which identify individuals at increased risk of adverse outcomes...
- Telomere shortening in familial and sporadic pulmonary fibrosisJennifer T Cronkhite
Eugene McDermott Center for Human Growth and Development, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 8591, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 178:729-37. 2008..Heterozygous mutations in the coding regions of the telomerase genes, TERT and TERC, have been found in familial and sporadic cases of idiopathic interstitial pneumonia. All affected patients with mutations have short telomeres...
- The right ventricle in pulmonary hypertensionKelly M Chin
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, La Jolla, California, USA
Coron Artery Dis 16:13-8. 2005..The article will review the normal structure and function of the right ventricle and summarize the impact of PAH and its treatments on right ventricular function...