Peter V Chin-Hong
Affiliation: University of California
- Evaluation of an early step-down strategy from intravenous anidulafungin to oral azole therapy for the treatment of candidemia and other forms of invasive candidiasis: results from an open-label trialJose Vazquez
Pfizer Inc, New York, NY, USA
BMC Infect Dis 14:97. 2014..Hospitalized patients are at increased risk for candidemia and invasive candidiasis (C/IC). Improved therapeutic regimens with enhanced clinical and pharmacoeconomic outcomes utilizing existing antifungal agents are still needed...
- Screening and treatment of chagas disease in organ transplant recipients in the United States: recommendations from the chagas in transplant working groupP V Chin-Hong
Division of Infectious Diseases, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Am J Transplant 11:672-80. 2011..Data on management and outcomes of all cases should be collected to inform future guidelines and to assist in coordination with public health authorities...
- Anal human papillomavirus infection is associated with HIV acquisition in men who have sex with menPeter V Chin-Hong
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
AIDS 23:1135-42. 2009..Our aim was to determine the association between anal HPV infection and HIV acquisition...
- Comparison of patient- and clinician-collected anal cytology samples to screen for human papillomavirus-associated anal intraepithelial neoplasia in men who have sex with menPeter V Chin-Hong
University of California, San Francisco, Box 0654, 513 Parnassus Avenue, Room S 380, San Francisco, CA 94143 0654, USA
Ann Intern Med 149:300-6. 2008..Cytology screening can detect the anal cancer precursor, anal intraepithelial neoplasia (AIN). Little is known about self-collected samples for AIN screening, and few community-based AIN estimates exist...
- Performance characteristics of anal cytology and human papillomavirus testing in patients with high-resolution anoscopy-guided biopsy of high-grade anal intraepithelial neoplasiaJ Michael Berry
Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Dis Colon Rectum 52:239-47. 2009..High-resolution anoscopy with biopsy was used as the standard for detecting high-grade anal neoplasia and was compared to detection of high-grade anal neoplasia by anal cytology, human papillomavirus testing, or the combination...
- Age-Specific prevalence of anal human papillomavirus infection in HIV-negative sexually active men who have sex with men: the EXPLORE studyPeter V Chin-Hong
Department of Medicine, University of California at San Francisco, California 94143 0654, USA
J Infect Dis 190:2070-6. 2004..In women, cervical HPV infection peaks early and decreases after the age of 30. Little is known about the age-specific prevalence of anal HPV infection in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-negative MSM...
- Age-related prevalence of anal cancer precursors in homosexual men: the EXPLORE studyPeter V Chin-Hong
Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, CA 94143 0654, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:896-905. 2005..The prevalence of cervical cancer precursor lesions peaks at around 30 years of age. The age-related prevalence of ASILs in HIV-negative MSM is unknown...
- Natural history and clinical management of anal human papillomavirus disease in men and women infected with human immunodeficiency virusPeter V Chin-Hong
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0512, USA
Clin Infect Dis 35:1127-34. 2002..Treatment for AIN remains challenging, but AIN is easier to treat when the lesions are small, and it is likely that a screening program would identify affected individuals at an earlier stage of disease...
- Clinical problem-solving. A stitch in time--a 64-year-old man with a history of coronary artery disease and peripheral vascular disease was admitted to the hospital with a several-month history of fevers, chills, and fatigueChristopher J Graber
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
N Engl J Med 357:1029-34. 2007
- Human papillomavirus anogenital disease in HIV-infected individualsPeter V Chin-Hong
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0654, USA
Dermatol Ther 18:67-76. 2005..Prophylactic and therapeutic HPV vaccines are promising as future interventions for disease control in at-risk populations such as HIV-infected women and men...
- Localized osteomyelitis due to Mycobacterium avium complex in patients with Human Immunodeficiency Virus receiving highly active antiretroviral therapyJudith A Aberg
Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, AIDS Clinical Trials Unit, St Louis, MO, 63108, USA
Clin Infect Dis 35:E8-E13. 2002..The low rate of these unusual MAC infections does not warrant continuation of primary or secondary prophylaxis after presumed immune reconstitution...
- High-risk sexual behavior in adults with genotypically proven antiretroviral-resistant HIV infectionPeter V Chin-Hong
Department of Medicine, University of California at San Francisco and San Francisco General Hospital, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 40:463-71. 2005..Although there is an increasing emphasis on understanding high-risk behavior among HIV-infected patients, little work has focused on those with drug-resistant virus...
- Diagnostic tests for HPV infectionPeter V Chin-Hong
Department of Medicine, University of California in San Francisco, USA
MLO Med Lab Obs 36:10-2, 14-6; quiz 18-9. 2004..The development of HPV therapeutic and prophylactic immunization may expand the need for systematic HPV testing to help define eligible subgroups for intervention...
- Pandemic (H1N1) 2009 infection in patients with hematologic malignancyCatherine Liu
University of California, San Francisco, Division of Infectious Diseases, California 94143 0654, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 16:1910-7. 2010..Rigorous infection control, improved techniques for diagnosing respiratory disease, and early antiviral therapy can prevent nosocomial transmission and optimize patient care...
- Cutting human papillomavirus infection in menPeter V Chin-Hong
J Infect Dis 197:781-3. 2008
- Newly diagnosed HIV infectionPeter V Chin-Hong
N Engl J Med 354:771-2; author reply 771-2. 2006
- Human papillomavirus as a risk factor for HIV infectionPETER CHIN HONG; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..