Andy J Chien
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Hereditary woolly hair and keratosis pilarisAndy J Chien
Division of Dermatology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 54:S35-9. 2006..Woolly hair elicits a broad differential diagnosis, including woolly hair nevus and several genodermatoses. Our report reviews the evaluation of woolly hair and discusses the conditions associated with this physical finding...
- Why do so many clinicians believe that recurrent zoster is common?Andy J Chien
The University of Washington Department of Medicine, Division of Dermatology, Seattle, USA
Dermatol Online J 13:2. 2007
- A Wnt survival guide: from flies to human diseaseAndy J Chien
The University of Washington School of Medicine, Department of Medicine and the Institute for Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
J Invest Dermatol 129:1614-27. 2009..The aim of this review is to provide a context on the Wnt field that will facilitate the interpretation and study of Wnt signaling in the context of human disease...
- Management of melanocytic lesions in the primary care settingKim M O'Connor
University of Washington General Internal Medicine Clinic, Box 354760, 4245 Roosevelt Way NE, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 83:208-13; quiz 213-4. 2008..Finally, it addresses the potential difficulties in interpreting pathology reports and reviews the implications of pathology results for patient counseling, education, and follow-up...
- Subungual Bowen disease in a patient with epidermodysplasia verruciformis presenting clinically as longitudinal melanonychiaGalina Y Stetsenko
Department of Pathology, Division of Dermatology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98195 6100, USA
Am J Dermatopathol 30:582-5. 2008..To the best of our knowledge, this is first report of a subungual presentation of this condition with associated melanonychia...
- WLS inhibits melanoma cell proliferation through the β-catenin signalling pathway and induces spontaneous metastasisPei Tzu Yang
Department of Pharmacology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Institute for Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA, USA
EMBO Mol Med 4:1294-307. 2012..These data suggest that WLS functions as a negative regulator of melanoma proliferation and spontaneous metastasis by activating WNT/β-catenin signalling...
- Regulating the response to targeted MEK inhibition in melanoma: enhancing apoptosis in NRAS- and BRAF-mutant melanoma cells with Wnt/β-catenin activationWilliam H Conrad
The Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Cell Cycle 11:3724-30. 2012..Understanding the cellular context that makes melanoma cells susceptible to this combination treatment will contribute to the study and development of novel therapeutic combinations that may lead to more durable responses...
- Activated Wnt/beta-catenin signaling in melanoma is associated with decreased proliferation in patient tumors and a murine melanoma modelAndy J Chien
Institute for Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine, Department of Medicine, Division of Dermatology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:1193-8. 2009..Our results may explain the observed loss of nuclear beta-catenin with melanoma progression in human tumors, which could reflect a dysregulation of cellular differentiation through a loss of homeostatic Wnt/beta-catenin signaling...
- CTLA-4 is a direct target of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling and is expressed in human melanoma tumorsKavita V Shah
Department of Pharmacology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Invest Dermatol 128:2870-9. 2008....
- Winnie the Pooh and psoriasis too: an isomorphic response of guttate psoriasis in a tattooKyle L Horner
Division of Dermatology, Department of Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington, USA
Pediatr Dermatol 24:E70-2. 2007..We report a strep-induced guttate psoriasis isomorphic response in a Winnie the Pooh tattoo in a 19-year-old...
- Acute lymphoblastic leukemia presenting with urticarial plaques and hypereosinophilia in a childAndy J Chien
University of Washington Department of Medicine, Division of Dermatology, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 51:S151-5. 2004..Our discussion summarizes the clinical aspects of this disease and reviews the reported dermatological manifestations of ALL/Eo...
- Pigmented lesions of the iris: common in patients, uncommon in dermatology textbooksShannon Simon
Arch Dermatol 142:1243-4. 2006