Betty A Chewning
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Evaluation of structured patient interactions: the Diabetes CheckLisa M Guirguis
School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53705, USA
Am J Pharm Educ 70:56. 2006....
- Recall of A1C, blood pressure, and cholesterol levels among community pharmacy patients with diabetesLisa M Guirguis
School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin Madison, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (2003) 47:29-34. 2007....
- Quality of care for older adults with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and asthma based on comparisons to practice guidelines and smoking statusBenjamin M Craig
Health Outcomes and Behavior Program, Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, Florida, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 8:144. 2008..Furthermore, we evaluate the association between smoking status and patterns in health care and how concordant this care is with guidelines...
- Patient preferences for shared decisions: a systematic reviewBetty Chewning
Sonderegger Research Center, University of Wisconsin School of Pharmacy, Madison, WI 53705 2222, USA
Patient Educ Couns 86:9-18. 2012..Empirical literature on patient decision role preferences regarding treatment and screening was reviewed to summarize patients' role preferences across measures, time and patient population...
- Concordance in cancer medication managementBetty Chewning
Sonderegger Research Center, School of Pharmacy, 425 N Charter Street, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Patient Educ Couns 50:75-8. 2003..The need for research on patient communication with pharmacists, nurses and other health team members beyond physicians is noted. Research implications for longitudinal, descriptive and intervention studies are offered...
- The healthy adherer and the placebo effectBetty Chewning
Sonderegger Research Institute, School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53705 2222, USA
BMJ 333:18-9. 2006
- Evaluating pharmacists' ability to counsel on tobacco cessation using two standardized patient scenariosBeth A Martin
University of Wisconsin School of Pharmacy, Madison, USA
Patient Educ Couns 83:319-24. 2011..Second, to analyze the validity of the observation coding tool used to evaluate pharmacist's role-play performance...
- Role theory: literature review and implications for patient-pharmacist interactionsLisa M Guirguis
Social and Administrative Pharmacy Division, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53705, USA
Res Social Adm Pharm 1:483-507. 2005..There is a need to describe how role theory has been used by researchers to describe various phenomena in pharmacy so as to identify gaps in knowledge and future research priorities...
- Ask, advise and refer: hypothesis generation to promote a brief tobacco-cessation intervention in community pharmaciesPallavi D Patwardhan
Department of Social and Administrative Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53705, USA
Int J Pharm Pract 17:221-9. 2009..A preliminary qualitative study was conducted to identify key facilitators and barriers for pharmacists' adoption of a brief tobacco-cessation protocol, Ask-Advise-Refer (AAR)...
- Conceptualizing and measuring pharmacist-patient communication: a review of published studiesBupendra Shah
Division School of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53705, USA
Res Social Adm Pharm 2:153-85. 2006..Pharmacist-patient communication in community pharmacies has been studied for over 25 years with little effort to evaluate this research comprehensively...
- Rationale and methods for a trial assessing placebo, echinacea, and doctor-patient interaction in the common coldBruce Barrett
Department of Family Medicine, School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, USA
Explore (NY) 3:561-72. 2007....
- Effectiveness of intervention to implement tobacco cessation counseling in community chain pharmaciesPallavi D Patwardhan
School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin Madison, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (2003) 52:507-14. 2012....
- Adverse effect monitoring: opportunity for patient care and pharmacy practiceCarol J Hermansen-Kobulnicky
School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin Madison, Sonderegger Research Center, Madison, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (2003) 44:75-86; quiz 87-8. 2004....
- Practitioner empathy and the duration of the common coldDavid P Rakel
School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53715, USA
Fam Med 41:494-501. 2009..This study's objective was to assess the relationship of empathy in medical office visits to subsequent outcomes of the common cold...
- A randomized controlled trial to evaluate the impact of structured patient interactions on pharmacy students' counselling behaviours and attitudesLisa M Guirguis
School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI, USA
Int J Pharm Pract 17:53-60. 2009..The Diabetes Check is a brief structured interaction that was designed to facilitate patient-pharmacist conversations about monitoring A1c, blood pressure and cholesterol (diabetes ABCs)...
- Effect of a tobacco cessation continuing professional education program on pharmacists' confidence, skills, and practice-change behaviorsBeth A Martin
Sonderegger Research Center, School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin Madison, 777 Highland Ave, Madison, WI 53705 2222, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (2003) 50:9-16. 2010..To evaluate the impact of a tobacco cessation training program on pharmacists' confidence, skills, and practice-change behaviors...
- Patient and phaRmacist telephonic encounters (PARTE) in an underserved rural patient population with asthma: results of a pilot studyHenry N Young
Social and Administrative Sciences Division, Sonderegger Research Center, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53705, USA
Telemed J E Health 18:427-33. 2012..To assess the feasibility, acceptability, and preliminary impact of a telepharmacy intervention in an underserved, rural asthma patient population...
- Sources of drug information for patients with chronic conditions in Alexandria, EgyptMohamed E K Amin
Social and Administrative Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53705, USA
Int J Pharm Pract 19:13-20. 2011..This study sought to identify patients' perceived drug knowledge, need for more information and drug information sources, and how they varied by patient characteristics, particularly education level...
- Self-management, knowledge, and functioning and well-being of patients on hemodialysisRoberta Braun Curtin
Medical Education Institute, Madison, WI, USA
Nephrol Nurs J 31:378-86, 396; quiz 387. 2004....
- Provision of risk management and risk assessment information: the role of the pharmacistJon C Schommer
University of Minnesota Twin Cities, MN 55455, USA
Res Social Adm Pharm 2:458-78. 2006....