Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Partner aggression among men and women in substance use disorder treatment: correlates of psychological and physical aggression and injuryStephen T Chermack
University of Michigan Addiction Research Center, Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, United States
Drug Alcohol Depend 98:35-44. 2008....
- Violence among men and women in substance use disorder treatment: a multi-level event-based analysisStephen T Chermack
University of Michigan Addiction Research Center, Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 112:194-200. 2010....
- Treatment needs of men and women with violence problems in substance use disorder treatmentStephen T Chermack
University of Michigan Addiction Research Center, Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105, USA
Subst Use Misuse 44:1236-62. 2009..4% reporting being injured. Overall, those injuring nonpartners or both partners/nonpartners had more severe problems. Implications of the findings for SUD treatment settings and a model for integrated violence prevention are discussed...
- Gender differences in correlates of recent physical assault among untreated rural and urban at-risk drinkers: role of depressionStephen T Chermack
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Violence Vict 21:67-80. 2006..Overall, the results of this study suggest that screening and prevention interventions for physical assault among at-risk drinkers should target both alcohol use disorders and depression...
- The prevalence and predictors of mental health treatment services in a national sample of depressed veteransStephen T Chermack
Department of Veterans Affairs, Ann Arbor Center of Excellence COE, Serious Mental Illness Treatment, Research, and Evaluation Center SMITREC, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48108, USA
Med Care 46:813-20. 2008..Both low level care (receipt of any MT, PT, or CT, but all below guideline levels) as well as guideline concordant care (GC MT, PT, and CT) were examined...
- Distal and proximal factors related to aggression severity among patients in substance abuse treatment: family history, alcohol use and expectanciesStephen T Chermack
University of Michigan, Department of Psychiatry, USA
Addict Behav 31:845-58. 2006....
- Prevalence and correlates of alcohol misuse among returning Afghanistan and Iraq veteransInger Burnett-Zeigler
VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System, VA Serious Mental Illness Treatment Research and Evaluation Center Health Services Research and Development, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
Addict Behav 36:801-6. 2011..This study assessed the prevalence and correlates of alcohol misuse and the factors associated with treatment utilization among recently returned National Guard service members...
- The association between violence and lifetime suicidal thoughts and behaviors in individuals treated for substance use disordersMark A Ilgen
Department of Veterans Affairs, Health Services Research and Development, 2215 Fuller Road 11H, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
Addict Behav 35:111-5. 2010..The present study examined the association between lifetime violent behavior and suicidal thoughts and attempts in a national sample of patients seeking substance use disorder (SUD) treatment...
- Prenatal alcohol use: the role of lifetime problems with alcohol, drugs, depression, and violenceHeather A Flynn
Department of Psychiatry, Rachel Upjohn Building, University of Michigan, 4250 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 5766, USA
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 69:500-9. 2008....
- Brief alcohol intervention in the emergency department: moderators of effectivenessMaureen A Walton
Department of Psychiatry, Rachel Upjohn Building, University of Michigan, 4250 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 69:550-60. 2008..This article examines moderators of outcomes among ED patients, ages 19 and older, who participated in a randomized controlled trial of a brief intervention for alcohol misuse...
- Using the addiction severity index to predict mental and medical health service utilizationJohn M Wryobeck
University of Michigan, Department of Psychiatry and Ann Arbor VA Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
J Addict Dis 25:1-14. 2006..It also was found that certain psychiatric and medical diagnoses were related to service use measures, and that a diagnosis of depression was related to overall healthcare utilization...
- The efficacy of two brief intervention strategies among injured, at-risk drinkers in the emergency department: impact of tailored messaging and brief adviceFrederic C Blow
Department of Veterans Affairs, Health Services Research and Development, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105, USA
J Stud Alcohol 67:568-78. 2006....
- Individual and social/environmental predictors of alcohol and drug use 2 years following substance abuse treatmentMaureen A Walton
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, 400 E Eisenhower Parkway, Building 2, Suite A, Ann Arbor 48108 3318, USA
Addict Behav 28:627-42. 2003..Findings highlight differential predictors of posttreatment substance use that may be useful in developing alternative approaches to prevent relapse...
- Diverse research on alcohol and aggression in humans: in memory of John A. CarpenterPeter R Giancola
Department of Psychology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40506 0044, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 27:198-208. 2003..b>Stephen Chermack reviewed data on the impact of a family history of alcoholism and a family history of violence on the ..
- Correlates of received and expressed violence persistence following substance abuse treatmentMaureen A Walton
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 67:1-12. 2002....
- Violence among individuals in substance abuse treatment: the role of alcohol and cocaine consumptionStephen T Chermack
John D Dingell VA Medical Center, 4646 John R Street, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 66:29-37. 2002....
- Investigating the use of contingency management in the treatment of cocaine abuse among individuals with schizophrenia: a feasibility studyJohn M Roll
UCLA Integrated Substance Abuse Programs, Los Angeles, CA 90025, USA
Psychiatry Res 125:61-4. 2004..This early period of sobriety may represent a clinically relevant window of opportunity during which intensive psychosocial or social work interventions might have a greater chance for success...
- Predictors of aggression across three generations among sons of alcoholics: relationships involving grandparental and parental alcoholism, child aggression, marital aggression and parenting practicesBret E Fuller
Department of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Parkway, Mail Code CB 669, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
J Stud Alcohol 64:472-83. 2003..Given the importance of aggressive, undercontrolled behavior in the etiology of alcoholism, the purpose of this study was to construct a statistical model of intergenerational aggression and alcoholism among family members...
- Developing Violence Therapy for Substance AbusersSTEPHEN CHERMACK; Fiscal Year: 2006..This study will be an important first step in the development of interventions for a costly, common and under-treated problem within SAT. ..