Genomes and Genes
Yu Ching Cheng
Affiliation: University of Maryland
- Genetic effects on postprandial variations of inflammatory markers in healthy individualsYu Ching Cheng
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Nutrition, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 18:1417-22. 2010..Genetic factors appear to play a significant role influencing basal inflammatory levels but to have minimal influence on post-fat intake inflammatory changes...
- Genome-wide association scan identifies variants near Matrix Metalloproteinase (MMP) genes on chromosome 11q21-22 strongly associated with serum MMP-1 levelsYu Ching Cheng
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Nutrition, School of Medicine, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 2:329-37. 2009..Matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-1 may play a role in cardiovascular disease susceptibility by influencing plaque rupture via its ability to degrade extracellular collagens...
- Association of single nucleotide polymorphisms on chromosome 9p21.3 with platelet reactivity: a potential mechanism for increased vascular diseaseKiran Musunuru
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 3:445-53. 2010..To gain insights into the mechanisms underlying these associations, we hypothesized that single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in this region would be associated with platelet reactivity across multiple populations...
- Prevention opportunities for oral contraceptive-associated ischemic strokeKathleen A Ryan
From the Departments of Medicine K A R, B D M, P F M, Y C C and Neurology J W C, K S, M J S, S J K, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD and Medical Research Service, Veteran Affairs Medical Center, Baltimore, MD J W C, B D M, M J S, Y C C, S J K
Stroke 45:893-5. 2014....
- Multilocus genetic risk score associates with ischemic stroke in case-control and prospective cohort studiesRainer Malik
From the Institute for Stroke and Dementia Research, Klinikum der Universitat Munchen, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat, Munich, Germany R M, M D Stroke and Dementia Research Centre, St George s University of London, London, United Kingdom S B, H S M Laboratory of Neurogenetics M A N and Laboratory of Epidemiology and Population Sciences L J L, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD Centre for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Medicine and Public Health E G H and Center for Translational Neuroscience and Mental Health Research C L, University of Newcastle, Callaghan, NSW, Australia Center for Bioinformatics, Biomarker Discovery and Information Based Medicine, Hunter Medical Research Institute, New Lambton, NSW, Australia E G H Department of Neurology, Center for Human Genetic Research, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA W J D, J R Department of Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD Y C C, B D M Department of Veterans Affairs and Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Baltimore Geriatric Research, Education, and Clinical Center GRECC, Baltimore, MD Y C C, B D M Department of Epidemiology C A I V, B F J V, Baltimore
Stroke 45:394-402. 2014..We aimed to generate a multilocus genetic risk score (GRS) for IS based on genome-wide association studies data from clinical-based samples and to establish its external validity in prospective population-based cohorts...
- Determinants of coronary artery and aortic calcification in the Old Order AmishWendy Post
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Circulation 115:717-24. 2007..Our goal was to characterize risk factors for CAC and AC and to estimate the genetic contribution to their variation...
- Distinct loci in the CHRNA5/CHRNA3/CHRNB4 gene cluster are associated with onset of regular smokingSarah H Stephens
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
Genet Epidemiol 37:846-59. 2013....
- Are myocardial infarction--associated single-nucleotide polymorphisms associated with ischemic stroke?Yu Ching Cheng
Department of Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine, 660 W Redwood St, Howard Hall, Room 492, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Stroke 43:980-6. 2012..To test this hypothesis, we evaluated whether single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) at 11 different loci recently associated with MI or CAD through genome-wide association studies were associated with IS...