Hsinlin T Cheng
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Nerve growth factor/p38 signaling increases intraepidermal nerve fiber densities in painful neuropathy of type 2 diabetesHsinlin T Cheng
Department of Neurology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Neurobiol Dis 45:280-7. 2012..Furthermore, the inhibition of NGF-p38 signaling could be a potential therapeutic strategy for treating this painful condition...
- Inflammatory pain-induced signaling events following a conditional deletion of the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor in spinal cord dorsal hornH T Cheng
Department of Pharmacology, Weill Medical College, Cornell University, New York, NY 10065, USA
Neuroscience 155:948-58. 2008..Our findings provide evidence that inflammatory reactions are responsible for the recurrence of pain after NR1 KO in the SCDH...
- Nerve growth factor mediates mechanical allodynia in a mouse model of type 2 diabetesHsinlin T Cheng
Department of Neurology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 2200, USA
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 68:1229-43. 2009..These results suggest that inhibition of NGF action is a potential strategy for treating painful diabetic neuropathy...
- Spinal cord mechanisms of chronic pain and clinical implicationsHsinlin Thomas Cheng
Department of Neurology, University of Michigan, 109 Zina Pitcher Place, 5015 BSRB, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Curr Pain Headache Rep 14:213-20. 2010..In this review, the molecular events associated with central sensitization, as well as their clinical implications, are discussed...
- p38 mediates mechanical allodynia in a mouse model of type 2 diabetesHsinlin T Cheng
Department of Neurology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Mol Pain 6:28. 2010..Using this timeline of PDN, we can investigate the signaling mechanisms underlying mechanical allodynia in the db/db mouse...
- Neuron-astrocyte signaling network in spinal cord dorsal horn mediates painful neuropathy of type 2 diabetesJacqueline R Dauch
Department of Neurology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2200, USA
Glia 60:1301-15. 2012..These results suggest that nitric oxide from surrounding interneurons and astrocytes interacts with NMDAR-dependent signaling in the projection neurons of the SCDH during the maintenance of PDN...
- Diabetic neuropathy: clinical manifestations and current treatmentsBrian C Callaghan
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Lancet Neurol 11:521-34. 2012..Studies are needed to further explore this association, which has implications for the development of new treatments for this common disorder...