Affiliation: University of California
- Ma F, Li B, Liu S, Iyer S, Yu Y, Wu A, et al. Positive feedback regulation of type I IFN production by the IFN-inducible DNA sensor cGAS. J Immunol. 2015;194:1545-54 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study not only provides a novel mechanism of modulating cGAS expression, but also adds another layer of regulation in DNA-triggered IFN-I production by induction of cGAS. ..
- Wang L, Liu S, Chen H, Xu J, Chapon M, Zhang T, et al. Generation of a Live Attenuated Influenza Vaccine that Elicits Broad Protection in Mice and Ferrets. Cell Host Microbe. 2017;21:334-343 pubmed publisher..These studies present an LAIV development strategy to rapidly generate and screen entire libraries of viral clones. ..
- Li C, Deng Y, Wang S, Ma F, Aliyari R, Huang X, et al. 25-Hydroxycholesterol Protects Host against Zika Virus Infection and Its Associated Microcephaly in a Mouse Model. Immunity. 2017;46:446-456 pubmed publisher..Our findings highlight the protective role of CH25H during ZIKV infection and the potential use of 25HC as a natural antiviral agent to combat ZIKV infection and prevent ZIKV-associated outcomes, such as microcephaly. ..
- Li C, Zhu X, Ji X, Quanquin N, Deng Y, Tian M, et al. Chloroquine, a FDA-approved Drug, Prevents Zika Virus Infection and its Associated Congenital Microcephaly in Mice. EBioMedicine. 2017;24:189-194 pubmed publisher..Selecting drugs that were previously FDA-approved, such as CQ, also improves the likelihood that they may more quickly reach stages of clinical testing and use by the public. ..
- Yuan Y, Yang M, Wang K, Sun J, Song L, Diao X, et al. Excessive activation of the TLR9/TGF-?1/PDGF-B pathway in the peripheral blood of patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Arthritis Res Ther. 2017;19:70 pubmed publisher..Further studies are necessary to identify TLR9, TGF-?1, and PDGF-B as new therapeutic targets to prevent the development of glomerulonephritis and LN. ..